? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Does PR department and Citizenship department link one another?

I'm a PR in Singapore would like to buy a house on my own. So, I would like to go for the citizenship. I'm married in Malaysia. I ever summitted my husband's details to PR department (ICA - singapore). I was single when I got my PR here, then I update my status to PR department. My question is if I declare as single in the citizenship form, do they cross check with PR department? What will happen if they find out? Is there any other way to buy a house here in singapore. Right now my hubby doesn't want to cooperate with me to buy a house here. Can I buy just on my name?

Please advice me.... I really need a house on my own.

Favorite Answer

they are both in the same department,so your applications for PR and citizenship use the same file numbers so yes they would find out you lied

• ?

YES they are usually both in the same federal department

USCIS - US citizenship & immigration servce

CIC - Citizenship and immigrations canada

The Jewscum, " lordmando" hates White people, Aryan, Muslim, Catholic, Arab, Caucasian, and Mexican people! lol