A court case against letting blacks to vote?

I need to find a case where the 15th ammendment is broken or the case that caused the 15th ammendment to be produced. The 15th ammendment is about giving rights to all MEN of all races.thanks so much!

Favorite Answer

If you have a drivers license you an vote....what are you talking about?

You have to be a democrat...bringing up race again.

• Matt

The Fifteenth Amendment was ratified following the Civil War, and it doesn't sound like cases from that era are what you need. I'm not sure what specifically you're interested in doing with this material, but I recommend looking up the White Primary Cases, a series of early 20th century rulings based on discriminatory practices in the Texas Democratic Party.

• Rex K

It's a long story..President JFKennedy started the Civil rights legislation. later signed into law by his successor, President Lyndon Johnson, the first real attempt to stop racial segregation.

Before this law passed Blacks were prevented from registering & voting, especially in the Deep South. Google the 1964 Civil Rights Act, & read the history of racial segregation in, schools, workplaces, restaurants etc.