ASE certified technicians?

Is there a way to find out if a technician is ASE certified (besides asking to see their certificate)?

Favorite Answer

Most shops post the certificates where the customer can see them. If not, just ask. If you are not comfortable asking the mechanic about the certifications, perhaps you should look for a new shop. Any mechanic that can not answer a simple question honestly would not be one that I would trust working on my car

Source(s): 30 years in the auto business

Well...The answer is no. ASE uses a Techs social security number as their ID#. If you know his or her SSN and had a release to use it, I'm sure ASE would give you an answer. Otherwise, if you're just try to check-up on someone, I doubt they'll give you any info.

The Staff of www.collisionconcierge.com

Source(s): Collision Concierge is an ASE "Blue Seal of Excellence" Certified Collision Center.
  • Linda

I start my guys off at $15 per hour on flat rate. I go up from there. This is in Gainesville Florida

Only if he/she (the tech. who took the test) signed the release form.

If he/she did ,then the ASE will release his scores and the dates taken.

Check with tere web site

i got certificates up the wazoo,they are navy issued, doe they count?cause if they do, ill sell em.