Does anybody know books similar to the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series?

• Angela
    Favorite Answer

Well I can honestly say that nothing I have ever read is quite the same as the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series!

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series (JR Ward) is similar, in that it has vampires in it, but the novels have a less violent, more romantic feel. Lots of violence and action, (and lots of sex), but less gory.

Have you tried Laurell K Hamiltons other series - Merry Gentry? They are so well written and if you like her writing you'll love these books:

1. A Kiss of Shadows

2. A Caress of Twilight

3. Seduced by Moonlight

4. A Stroke of Midnight

5. Mistral's Kiss

6. A Lick of Frost

7. Swallowing Darkness

8. Divine Misdemeanors

Anyway, best of luck. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only Anita Blake fan out there!

:-)

• Linda

Kim Harrison is a really good author also but I love Laurell. The Rachel Morgan series is like anita blake series in a way but the anita one has more werewolf and vampire stuff than the rachael one which is more based on witch and demon stuff. Depending on whether or not you know a lot or stuff about vampires and lycranthropes the anita series might confuse you

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

The Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

I know of two that are similar, but not quite as vulgar. lol

The Hollows Series/The Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison

The Sookie Stackhouse Series/The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris

They're both pretty good, and as of now, not as long.

Source(s): Me :]