Does this email for a job seem legit to you?

I got this in the mail and can not tell whether it is real or fake...I get a mix of them but none this enthusiastic. I am skeptical, so let me know what you think.

"Hi,

My name is Mrs Stephanie wife to Mr Albert M Patterson,I came across your resume on Career Network saying you need employment.I'll need your services as a personal assistant for my business within the states. We just moved in to town a couple of days ago before embarking on a trip sponsored by my husband's company. Presently we're on vacation on board on an European line cruiser sponsored by my husband's company and we'll be back soon before the end of this month or at the very beginning of next month. I am a fashion designer, i design and make French wedding gowns, and I have numerous customers around the states.I work from home and i also supply stores with my products.I deal mainly in whole sales. I wish i had my website up already so that you can view some of my work but that's one of the reason why i need a P.A who will plan with me so that we can set everything up.

Sandra is our only child and daughter and she plays a very important role in our family, ever since she was born,the family has never remained the same for good. There 're just the 4 (myself,my husband,my daughter and my husband's mom) of us in the house hopefully you will be the fifth person.I have an offer for you to be my personal assistant and to help with business related issues and advice, also to to take care of my business for me whenever am not around in person. You can send in your updated resume/references in your next email. I want to let you know that we're having much fun out here, we would have love to call you but the network on board is really poor because of the high tides for this particular period of the year.But we would call you as soon as we get a clearer reception. My daughter has been a little ill and she has been in the Intensive care Unit on board for

the past two days, But I thank God she's is getting on fine and this will prompt us in coming home as soon as we get to shores.

I and my husband want to put things in place so you can start immediately we arrive from our vacation.We would like to have a brief interview with you,answer the following questions.

1)How many years of work experience do you have ?

2) Do you smoke ?

3)Do you do drugs ?

4) What area are you located presently ?

5)Do you have any disability ?

. .............Below is our Offer and Requirements.........

You'll be paid $800.00 weekly If you choose to receive your salaries monthly thats $3200 and its okay with us.

1) You must be able to speak English Language..

2)Is your partners in support of this position for you.

3)You must have any references and achievements ?

4)Ever been convicted ?? Doesn't matter to me as long as you have realize your past mistakes and now a changed person.

I await your prompt response and as soon as i get your response, I will write back to let you know if you have the job or not."

Favorite Answer

Not legit. I've gotten several. It's a money market wiring scheme. They're fishing for your info. Delete and don't reply.

Source(s): own experience
  • Lyn G

No, it is a scam. There are SO many things wrong with this, no one would write so personally to a person they may hire to work for them. Always making excuses for what they think they should be doing, and so many different ones. Redundant.

No one will hire from a resume, they require at least one interview.

Grammar is atrocious, a BIG tip-off.

Etc., etc.,etc.

• Paputi

It's a Spam, do not reply, just mark as a spam and delete. I have received those messages too, so don't answer them.

Be carefull!

delete, looks like a scam... block sender from your inbox... stay away from these types of emails, as 99% - correction 100% of the time they are scams... "beware"... they always sound like a great opportunity and that's how they lure people into their evil trap... if it sounds to good to be true, it's not...

No! I've seen very similar things that get blasted to tons of people.

Source(s): I look for jobs on craigslist all the time