Did your schools have funny or odd names?

I went to Rock Creek, other names near by were Buck Hollow and Pigtail.

Favorite Answer

Would you think Leakey Independent School District funny ? They pronouce it Lake-y and not Leak-y. I have always wondered what a leakey faucet in Leakey, Texas was called.

Source(s): Texan

My school in South Gate, California was named Tweedy Elementary. There is also a Tweedy Blvd. A classmate named Birdie Tweedy was a member of the family that the school and street are named after.

There was a school nearby called Flintstone Elementary. Of course, as a child I thought it was named for Fred and Wilma.

• jd

I went to Calhoun Co. High. We were the fighting Sandcrabs. Jr. High were the Fiddler crabs. I always thought that odd.

my poor brother spent a year at a school called "gayhead" while our local middle school was being treated-asbestos removal.luckily for me,i was already in high school at the time.

I went to Downers Grove North, and boy did they emphasize the "Downers" part.

• Eyes

Unidis High - It was pronounced "u-nye-Nuss" and I don't know why. I just accepted it. :)