More acne with less sun exposure?

Over the summer I was playing a lot of tennis in the sun and my acne was under control. Now I'm in college and I've been in the sun less and my acne has been acting up a lot very quickly. How should I deal with this without going back on acne prescribed medication from a dermatologist (I did a few years back)

Favorite Answer

best thing to do is g back to what works. see a doctor and get him to give you the stuff that worked for you. also tanning helps with acne for most people. that could be it. or maybe it was your activity level. it could be any factor really. best thing to do is treat it asap. also pick up running or swimming to rule out activity level and see if blood flow clears your face up. also get a tan one day outside your balcony or at the swimming pool and see if that helps too.

I understand how you feel, thats why I like to get lots of sun, it always clears up my acne. I think its because the sun dries out your skin, therefore you have less oil on your face..... Try drinking lots of water and stay away from salt and chocolate. I started using acne free, you can get it over the counter, its a three step wash, its pretty much the same as proactive except a lot cheaper, and it works. Every now n then I will break out, but thats because of stress, and unfortunately you cant help your stress levels. Good luck!

While it took little less than two months for me to really see a difference, my acne, blackheads and whole lot of other skin problems I had such as eczema had completely cleared! It was totally amazing...

Get Rid Of Acne Permanently?

The sun tightens the skin and dry's it up also. Being out of the sun can lead to more sweat accumulating on your body thus encouraging acne. Cleaning regularly is probably the simplest remedy.

Keep yourself physically active; if not tennis, something else. Avoid junk and oily foods .

Sunlight. can both exacerbate and clear acne. It may be preventive, but not therapeutic. Exposing now to the sun ????

Do not pick at the acne and if persistent, approach your dermatologist.

in any case, sun makes your acne WORSE. it could be stress or just the lifestyle change. maybe the sunsceen you used (if you used one) was helping keep you acne under contol. for now just use soap and water. it has kep my skin relativley clear for a long time now.