is this a good drum kit to start off with?

Favorite Answer

This is a great combo drum set to start off with and the price is right.

In general cymbals make a drum set more valuable and pricey. In any combo drum set, quality cymbals would not be included other than if you buy a second hand set. With some precaution you might find a nice second hand drum set with a nice deal. We recommend to get a friend experienced in drumming to help you out. Ebay and craiglist provide are good places to start with.

But if you don't want to go through that hassle to find a decent second hand drum set, this is the drum set to go for. In learning and improving your technic course, you probably will change the hardware and cymbals according to your style and need.

We hope this will work for you, best luck and enjoy drumming!

• Cloak

Depends on what music you like. For anything other than Thrash/death/black metal, I'd say yes, but you're gonna get tired of the octave range really fast, I recommend getting a bigger set or combining two small sets.

Source(s): My friend did the latter, mixing a Ludwig with a Yamaha set.