Has anyone ever heard of registering for a first birthday?

I still have 4 months to go until my daughters first birthday but a friend of mine has a son 2 months older....the other day we were discussing birthdays and she mentioned that she was going to register him b/c she didnt want him getting a bunch of things he didnt need. My thoughts were what could a 1 year old not need? Most need clothes b/c they are growing and usually start transitioning into older toys. Most first birthdays I go to the kids get toys made for their age. I feel like its saying that someone is obligated to get a present. My fiance says that its really not too bad of an idea b/c some people dont know what to get and it could help. I see his point too. Would a good alternative to just put her clothing size on the invitation?

Might I also add that it also kind of takes the fun out of gift giving and opening the presents too!

Favorite Answer

I think that is incredibly tacky. If someone doesn't know what to get, they can call and ask her....plus there are always gift receipts.

I can't think of a tackier thing to do, registering for a child's birthday?

WOW