my boyfriend hack into my computer so whenever im online he can see what im doing how can i remove it are sto?

my boyfriend hack into my computer so whenever im online he see what im doing how i remove are stop it

Favorite Answer

Use a decent firewall.

I use Comodo firewall, it's free and has options to allow/block incoming or outgoing network connections by specifying ip/mac/port...

However, if you aren't familiar with this stuff, I suggest you look for a lightweight alternative other than Comodo. Unless you like experimenting.

Additional note: your friend might have planted some spyware in your pc that allows him to connect to your pc. There are many ways to detect spyware. Search Yahoo Answers, I am sure you will get many similar cases and solutions.

'Shred' your hard drive with a Linux Live CD

shred --force --iterations=0 --verbose --zero /dev/hda

Then restore your computer with the restore media. Keep all your passwords to yourself, and don't write them down anywhere that your boyfriend is apt to see them.

Of course, you'll need to do a lot of preparatory work before you 'shred' the hard drive (not the least of which is downloading a 650 MB GNU/Linux distribution's Live CD ISO, burning it properly to a blank CD, configuring your computer's BIOS to boot from the CD drive, and learning how to access the command line).

You could try Darik's Boot And Nuke (http://dban.org),/ which will accomplish the same thing I've already written about.

You'll need to have your 'restore' media available. And, if you only have a 'restore' partition and no removable media containing all the data that might have been on such a partition, your computer will be hosed for good (unless you learn to use GNU/Linux.

If you have removable media with which to restore your computer to factory new condition, you'll probably need to partition the hard drive correctly in order to make use of that removable media.

There are easier ways to solve the problem, but this will definitely nip the problem in the bud.

And, learn this: You CANNOT trust boyfriends, girlfriends, best friends, etc.