Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Paypal Dispute question?

I sold an iPod nano on eBay ($28) and the buyer paid with paypal. The buyer has opened a dispute saying that the item was not delivered. I shipped it on the 16 and didn't buy a tracking or confirmation number I have a receipt from the post office. It is now august 31 and the buyer escalated to a claim. Will paypal refund him the money? And if I win the dispute what will happen to the seller???

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, without proof of delivery, you are stuck. You can avoid a black mark by agreeing to refund the money (sorry, but you do have a responsibility to ensure delivery), or you can just let it go through, have PayPal remove the money (which they probably will do) and see what happens to you.

I don't know how you were sending it, but the last few things I shipped, the 'delivery confirmation' cost a whole 19 cents -- a VERY small price to pay for the peace of mind that comes from being able to copy & paste the delivery confirmation into an email to the person.