Trueblood the TV show or Sookie Stachouse Series the books?

I have read the books and I have just bought the TV show season 1. I have seen the first couple episodes. So far, it has not been very good. Does it get better? Do you like the show? If you've read the books too, which one do you like better?

Favorite Answer

I've watched all of season one; and I have read all the books to date.

Honestly, if you want to stick to the main story, keep to the books. The show is very much like the books, I've actually watched an episode while reading the book and it fits almost perfectly. So I say the show is definitely up to par with the books, but it has more side stories.

I haven't watched any of season two, but I still prefer the books. They're the origin of the show, and I like starting at the beginning, so to speak.

Source(s): Me :]
  • Peach

Truthfully, I prefer the TV show

it's more dynamic, there are more storylines. And the story doesn't focus solely on Sookie and her life. I prefer it that way, I've tried reading the books but sookie is too mary sue-ish and perfect for me to really like them.

Def the books. All the little details and minor characters come together so well. but I have to say that for a tv adaptation of a book series, true blood is phenomenal

It gets better, but I still preferred the books.

But it's very rare for me to like the movie/show better if I've read the books.

I think i'm just a book person.

i watched the season 1 reccap then watched season 2. crazy good! i am gonna start reading the books soon. you will start liking the show, im sure.