If you get pregnant, and you have a belly button ring, what happens to it when your belly button pops outward?

I have a belly button ring, and I just found out I'm pregnant, I was wondering what would happen when my belly grew to the point where my belly button popped.

Favorite Answer

Most women with belly button rings have to remove them during pregnancy. Everything, including your belly ring hole stretches, and wearing a metal ring can be very uncomfortable. Sometimes, your big, pregnant belly can even cause your body to reject the piercing, causing the ring to "feed out" of your skin.

BUT- they've come out with a special belly ring made just for pregnant women. They're much longer and very flexible. You can find some of these "belly bars" here: http://www.maternitypiercings.com/?gclid=CLaljfm3z...

Source(s): Labor and delivery nurse; mom of one- i had to take mine out while pregnant because it was uncomfortable, but my best friend bought one of these "belly bars" and wore it her entire pregnancy and loved it.

well for me it has just stretched and i have a stretch mark across it, cuz the skin is so thin that when it stretched it caused the stretch mark...but for a long time i wore my belly ring in it till my belly button started to pop out then i took the ring out.

• Alice

I think there will come a point where you decide to take out the ring until after the baby is born. You will know when the time has come.

it could be ripped out just by cause of the growing belly. I had one do that and its no fun. I would take that out once you start to get a tummy going.

Just take it out before you start popping lol. Probably nothing will happen... it just wouldn't be a pretty sight though.

it stretches, and can rip out