If you get pregnant, and you have a belly button ring, what happens to it when your belly button pops outward?

I have a belly button ring, and I just found out I'm pregnant, I was wondering what would happen when my belly grew to the point where my belly button popped.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most women with belly button rings have to remove them during pregnancy. Everything, including your belly ring hole stretches, and wearing a metal ring can be very uncomfortable. Sometimes, your big, pregnant belly can even cause your body to reject the piercing, causing the ring to "feed out" of your skin.

BUT- they've come out with a special belly ring made just for pregnant women. They're much longer and very flexible. You can find some of these "belly bars" here: http://www.maternitypiercings.com/?gclid=CLaljfm3z...

Source(s): Labor and delivery nurse; mom of one- i had to take mine out while pregnant because it was uncomfortable, but my best friend bought one of these "belly bars" and wore it her entire pregnancy and loved it.
  • 1 decade ago

well for me it has just stretched and i have a stretch mark across it, cuz the skin is so thin that when it stretched it caused the stretch mark...but for a long time i wore my belly ring in it till my belly button started to pop out then i took the ring out.

• Alice
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think there will come a point where you decide to take out the ring until after the baby is born. You will know when the time has come.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it could be ripped out just by cause of the growing belly. I had one do that and its no fun. I would take that out once you start to get a tummy going.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just take it out before you start popping lol. Probably nothing will happen... it just wouldn't be a pretty sight though.

• 1 decade ago

it stretches, and can rip out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.