if some one has gone without cutting for two months should i still be concerned for them?

Or could their habit still come back. How long before i can rest assured that they are cured?

Update:

i just want them to be safe and i don't know if someone else should still know about this

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Never....

Once someone does it, its there, it shows you they CAN do it.

Nobody is ever curred, they may be on the greener side, but can easily go back over.

Never let your guard down, don't harass them but if you see signs of it again, speak up!

Your job as a friend, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, parent, pastor, a stranger..... or best friend, or yourself...

Source(s): I am one of these people, i was "curred" but i have gone back once since then. Its not cool... i am thankful i have good friends :)
  • 1 decade ago

Well, you really can never know for sure if they have been cured. You have to watch over them because there is a good chance that they might start up again. If he/she does then its extremely important to tell someone who can professionally help them. But as of now you must watch them just to be safe.

• 1 decade ago

It's an addiction -- stay concerned for them. I've struggled with eating disorders for over ten years. I've abstained for months at a time, but they always come back. He/she may never act upon their urges again, but the possibility is always there. You should DEFINITELY still be concerned for them.

• 1 decade ago

u must always be aware that it can come back i had a friend that stopped for a year her bf brock up with her and it started all over. make sure she knows u will help and watch for sines

Source(s): experince
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.