What acting agencies in Boston, MA can be payed per booking?

What I mean is, instead of paying thousands of dollars to an agent up front, where can I find an agent who will be paid upon their client being booked.

Therefore, not paying alot of money until booked, in which the money would come from the booking?

Favorite Answer

Good lord, I hope it's most of them. You should never pay an agency up front for anything. Legitimate talent agents get 10% of the money you make on jobs they submit you for. That's it. To find agents that won't rob you blind, start here:

http://www.sag.org/content/find-agent

Search in your area. Anyone franchised with SAG won't be asking for thousands of dollars up front.

I found hotels nearby were cheaper than staying IN Boston. Booking early seems to be the best way to get lower rates. That and if you have AAA. There was one place, the Days hotel Boston that was $125 a night and The Holiday Inn Express Boston was $152 but it didn't look like a really nice place. Shop arround. A lot and do it early. Good luck!

• R K

no agent gets paid any money up front. they get paid when you

finish the job not when you book it. booking a job means you got hired.

you don't know what your pay will be till you finish the job. then your agent gets 10%. just because you book something doesn't mean

its etched in stone, bookings can be cancelled at any time for

any number of reasons. no one gets paid anything till you finish the

shoot.