Lanny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Kid's Movie from the early 90's late 80's?

There's a movie that comes on the Disney Channel very rarely, and

I THOUGHT it either had Ben or Fred Savage in it when they were 12ish, but I think i'm wrong. Anyways, the film is about three friends who end up (I think) making a small space shuttle and go into space, finding a big alien space craft. The aliens are friendly, and I believe one is a girl and the other one is a boy. I think near the end of the film, the boys come back home and they're hanging out on a tree or something. Anyways, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me figure out the name of this movie! :)

That's it! I was on IMDB.com and was typing in THE Explorers, but nothing came up. No wonder it didn't work! I was close though, haha. Thanks guys!

Favorite Answer

actually it's

Explorers (1985)

i remember that the aliens loved tv shows and acted them out and what happened was they stole their father's smaller ship

but it has ethan hawke , river phoenix in it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/

Ben Crandall, an alien-obsessed kid, dreams one night of a circuit board. Drawing out the circuit, he and his friends Wolfgang and Darren set it up, and discover they have been given the basis for a starship. Setting off in the ThunderRoad, as they name their ship, they find the aliens Ben hopes they would find... but are they what they seem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorers_(film)

glad I could help- i love that movie

• Erika

The action picture you're finding for is "concern new child 2". interior the 1st action picture they undertake the boy and the father removes his spouse. interior the 2d action picture they circulate to a sparkling city and the ladies persons are all after John Ritter to get married back. So while you're finding for this action picture in specific it extremely is it.

I think you're thinking of Explorers with Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix, 1985.