Can an Armyworm hurt a puppy?

I have a 10 week old Jack Russell Terrier. Earlier today I was in the kitchen, and noticed him carrying around an Army worm (caterpillar). I tried to get it away from him, but every time I moved toward the puppy, he would snatch it up and take off running. He finally ate it about 10 minutes later after tossing it... show more I have a 10 week old Jack Russell Terrier. Earlier today I was in the kitchen, and noticed him carrying around an Army worm (caterpillar). I tried to get it away from him, but every time I moved toward the puppy, he would snatch it up and take off running. He finally ate it about 10 minutes later after tossing it all around the house. Now, the puppy has diarrhea, and has had it all afternoon, but it seems to be progressively getting worse. Does anyone know if an Armyworm can hurt a puppy? The puppy has an appointment at the vet in the morning for itching and scratching so I'm planning to ask then; I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions tonight? Thanks in advance!
Update: The vet told me today that the armyworm itself would not hurt the dog, but if it had been sprayed with insecticide it could've upset his tummy. I did take in a stool sample because it was so gross, and they checked it. My poor baby has roundworms. The breeder we bought him from two weeks ago had supposedly... show more The vet told me today that the armyworm itself would not hurt the dog, but if it had been sprayed with insecticide it could've upset his tummy. I did take in a stool sample because it was so gross, and they checked it. My poor baby has roundworms. The breeder we bought him from two weeks ago had supposedly wormed him, but either he didn't or he didn't follow up with it like he was supposed to. We go back in two weeks to get another dose of the meds to make sure we get rid of all of them.