List three ways acids and bases are used in the human body?

I need three specific ways acids and bases are used in our bodies. On top of being specific, it has to be something a teacher would believe I thought of....I'm in 12th grade.

Also, another question: Explain one chemical function of buffers in the human body.

Help please!!!

Favorite Answer

Your stomach. It secrete hydrochloric acid (HCL). It's a very strong acid and it's used to aid digestion by breaking down foods and also kills bacteria and other nasty bugs.

Your blood. Your body transports carbon dioxide as carbonic acid. This weak acid acts as a buffer.

Your kidneys. They make urine and regulate the level of carbonic acid in your bloodstream.

Your lungs. They are where the soluble carbonic acid in your bloodstream is converted into carbon dioxide gas.

• Hey

well the only one i kno of is how our blood has its own buffer to prevent the blood form getitng too acidic or basic. i believe we produce carbonic acid which can break apart into hydrogen and hydroxl to form water. not entirely sure tho