If you found out your teen was sexual active...?

Parents, if you found out your teen was having sex, and you already had the sex talk and the contraceptive talk, would you bring it up again?

Best Answer

Yes, definately. Worrying about wether or not to have a talk in the least of your problems. Sexual transmitted Diseases and Children are life-altering situations that should be discussed openly. Talk to them about STD's and having children. What they would plan on doing, stategize with them. It sounds corny but it should be done. Not planning on or not using condoms or other methods of prevention IS PLANNING on having a baby...Ignorance is no excuse.

Source(s): Having children young...
  • helene

Mine are 14 and they can't even remember that candy wrappers belong in the trash can, not on the floor or behind the furniture. They have to be reminded and corrected over and over. The truth is that most teenagers are absolutely incapable of remembering things that they don't want to remember, and the younger they are, the truer that is.

So why WOULDN'T I bring up sex again? It's a lot more important than candy wrappers.

If it is a girl, birth control and still talk about dangers and what not. If it is a male, recommend condoms and also talk about dangers. Teens are going to do it anyways, it is always best to make sure they are safe to avoid everything else.

• Angela

I dont think you need to bring it up again, since they should know. But maybe you could tell them some things that they wouldnt have learned in sex ed or by you.

You could give them comdoms and or birthcontrol, better safe then sri right. Also you should mention that you arent allowing them to have sex, or have it more often by giving them things such as birthcontrol and condoms. Just make that clear to them.

• I'm not a parent. But i would bring it up again because obviously they aren't ready to have sex. and I know its their bodies and stuff... but I would tell them that they could get pregnant or get someone else pregnant themselves. I would tell them to think about what it would be like if they got pregnant and have them think about their future ect. and of course tell them that i care about them more than they could imagine.

• Ferbs

Uh...yes.

The sex talk isn't just ONE talk. It's suppose to be an ongoing, evolving conversation. What you tell them at 10 is a bit different than what comes up at 14.

Source(s): Proud adoptive parent of a great kid.

I would talk to my kid about it again and stress the importance of safe sex and the dangers of STD's.

Yes, and I would make sure they are well informed about sex.

• Selena

of course, Id say how I know and my concerns but, id also ask, what are you doing to protect yourself? I would ask if she wanted to go on the pill, and I would make sure once again to inform her of all the consequences. All we can do is guide our children

Yes, I would put them on birth control (if it were a girl). They have already done it, most likely to do it again, better safe than sorry.

If it were a boy, I would strongly suggest condoms.