Should I keep my home office/living room separate?

Hello, I have always lived in one bedroom where I pretty much did everything (watch TV, listen to stereo, home office supplies such as PC, printer, fax, etc.) I am looking to buy my first home, and plan on making one bedroom an office, another a weight room, another a bedroom, and living room for TV and stereo. I... show more Hello, I have always lived in one bedroom where I pretty much did everything (watch TV, listen to stereo, home office supplies such as PC, printer, fax, etc.) I am looking to buy my first home, and plan on making one bedroom an office, another a weight room, another a bedroom, and living room for TV and stereo. I am single so I do not need to use bedrooms for other people.

I like to watch/listen to my TV while working on the computer, so I was going to place my office in the living room. However it may be a good thing if I have my office away from my TV so I can focus more on work? What do you think about having the office and "entertainment" in separate rooms?

I may even buy a stronger lock for my office room door so in case someone breaks in they cannot just walk into the room with my expensive office devices. Perhaps those few extra seconds with the alarm going off will deter burglars.
Update: Yeah I thought about the tax thing too but I thought I only had to provide the amount of space used for taxes and not the actual room itself. Sure it may be best to use a separate room then.