What would you take if you had to evacuate your home from fire?

The mountains are on fire all around us, but fortunately there are no winds.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

just what l have on and my money. l'm insured for more than the actual worth.. burn baby burn

• E-ma
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I've had this scare.

If something is on fire in the home, I see if it can be extinguished enough to remove item to outside cement slab.

If it's part of the home on fire, I use extinguisher & keep phone handy to call 9-1-1.

If it's a matter of fire approaching from outside (as your case), having faced the other scenarios, I know I have no concern for possessions at the time. I just want to get away from the fire as soon as possible & call for help.

I used to think I'd grab the photos albums or legal document files, but real life experience has shown me that my mind doesn't even go there. It all turns into a matter of personal safety at that point.

I guess b/c all of our family fire drills focused on getting outside to the safe meeting place & making sure all family members were accounted for. We never had drills involving protection of personal items.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Possibly the wife and kids.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My laptop,a change of clothes,and a blanket,and something from when i was a kid(for memories)

Source(s): I have most of this stuff near/in a bag incase that ever did happen..
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cell & laptop.

• 1 decade ago

I would take my cat Cookie :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my animals!!

Source(s): sorry....i ran out of stars!
  • k.t.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

my dog & kid

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.