What would you take if you had to evacuate your home from fire?

The mountains are on fire all around us, but fortunately there are no winds.

Favorite Answer

just what l have on and my money. l'm insured for more than the actual worth.. burn baby burn

• E-ma

I've had this scare.

If something is on fire in the home, I see if it can be extinguished enough to remove item to outside cement slab.

If it's part of the home on fire, I use extinguisher & keep phone handy to call 9-1-1.

If it's a matter of fire approaching from outside (as your case), having faced the other scenarios, I know I have no concern for possessions at the time. I just want to get away from the fire as soon as possible & call for help.

I used to think I'd grab the photos albums or legal document files, but real life experience has shown me that my mind doesn't even go there. It all turns into a matter of personal safety at that point.

I guess b/c all of our family fire drills focused on getting outside to the safe meeting place & making sure all family members were accounted for. We never had drills involving protection of personal items.

Possibly the wife and kids.

My laptop,a change of clothes,and a blanket,and something from when i was a kid(for memories)

Source(s): I have most of this stuff near/in a bag incase that ever did happen..

Cell & laptop.

I would take my cat Cookie :)

my animals!!

Source(s): sorry....i ran out of stars!
  • k.t.

my dog & kid