Why do the lyrics for The Dares "Why Do I" sound different in the song? Are the lyrics sites wrong?

I saw The Dares live and I like the band and stuff. I was listening to their songs on their myspace and decided to look up some lyrics. And while I'm listening to "Why Do I" I'm reading the lyrics but the chorus sounds totally different than what all the lyrics sites have. Am I the only one to think this? I've tried to figure them out myself. I have the chorus as:

Why do I waste my time?

Living in a silicon nation.

My manic state of mind.

My plastic generation.

Why do I waste my time?

When I'm trying to feel alive

How can I be so blind

Looking out through someone else's eyes.

I find lyrics from websites with the chorus as:

Why do I waste my time living in a silicon lie?

My manic aspirations, my plastic generation

Why do I waste my time living someone else's life

But it sounds wrong when you listen to the music? I don't know, what do you think?

Favorite Answer

Hey I've never heard of The Dares or that song but your version of the lyrics is definitely correct. I just think the people who typed the lyrics on the site were either rushing through or deaf haha.

Source(s): heard the song
  • ?

The March of the Black Queen Do you advise it do you advise it do you advise it Why do not you advise it why do I persist with you And the place do you circulate? Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah you have in no way seen not something like it No in no way on your genuine finding going as much as heaven and then coming decrease back alive enable me show you how to recognize all approximately it Oooh supply me a sprint time to compliment Water toddlers making a song in a lily pool satisfaction Blue powder monkeys praying interior the lifeless of night right here comes the Black Queen poking interior the pile Fi fo the Black Queen marching single document Take this take that carry them all the way down to length March to the Black Queen positioned them interior the cellar with the naughty boys Little ****** sugar then a rub-a-dub-a new child oil Black on black on each and every finger nail and toe we've basically all started, all started Make this make that keep making all that noise Oooh march to the Black Queen Now i've got have been given a abdomen finished you would be my sugar infant you would be my honey chile A voice from at the back of me jogs my memory unfolded your wings you're an angel verify you grant with the cost of sunshine slightly of love and exhilaration each and every thing you do bears a will And a why and a wherefore slightly of love and exhilaration In each and every soul lies a guy and intensely quickly he will misinform and detect yet even to the tip of his life he will carry a sprint love Ah ah ah ah ah I reign with my left hand I rule with my astonishing i'm lord of all darkness i'm queen of the night i've got have been given the potential now to do The march of the Black Queen My life is on your hands i will fo and that i will fie i would be what you're making me i will do what you like i would be a undesirable boy i would be your undesirable boy i will do the march of the Black Queen Ah ah ah ah ah walking genuine to type she's vulgar abuse and vile The Black Queen tattoos all her pies She boils and he or she bakes and he or she in no way dots her I's la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la forget your sing a-longs and your lullabies resign to the city of the fireflies Dance to the devil in beat with the band To hell with all of you hand in hand yet now it's time to be long previous la la la la perpetually perpetually Ah ah ah ah ah (This song haunts me! What does it advise?)