TWAS
Lv 5
TWAS asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Was Luke Ramirez the biggest ringer ever in the Little League World Series?

OK Luke Ramirez was a freak. 6'1 215 lbs. 13 years old. It looked like the coaches were hitting when he came to the plate. I found myself routing for the Tapei team because of Luke Ramirez that big ox.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • JFJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. There was a kid on the Saudi Arabian team three years ago that was 6'8" and 260 lbs. He played first base. When he held opposing runners on base (something that's rare in Little League because you can't run until either the ball is hit or it has crossed the plate) he completely obscured them. His name was Aaron Durley. Here's his picture: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14442115//

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • fermo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Luke Ramirez

• 1 decade ago

He didn't even get a hit! They struck him out once intentionally walked him twice and he flied out his last bat. He wasn't even a factor in that game. It is hard for me to believe that a 13 yo can be that freakin big though.

• JenJen
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That kid was huge. I was supporting the USA all the way. Once Warner Robins got eliminated then I just wanted the USA to win it all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You don't "rout" for a team, you "root" Rout means to trounce, defeat, etc.

Why do you hold Luke's size against him? Are you jealous? He's big because his parents are big. There was a 12-year-old playing on a team at a park where I worked in Chicago, who was 6'5", and 210#. His parents were tall, also.

He's not a ringer, so get over it. You owe him an apology for calling him a 'freak'. And you spelled 'Taipei' wrong, too.

Bob

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Ya he hit a monster home run vs georgia

• Rob K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I'm sure his mom and dad will be returning home to a few scout's letters in baseball and football at that size.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

o well thats great fer yu the people from chula vista dont go to myy school but i live in so cal with themm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who cares how big he is the kid is absolutely positively gorgeous!!!! i think im in love with him he is the only reason i watched! west all the way!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dam they starting steroids at a young age now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.