Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Erika asked in TravelFranceParis · 1 decade ago

Any tips for a Paris trip?

SO i'm going to Paris in a few months and need tips..

Thank you..

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Paris is a beautiful city, filled with friendly people who make you feel welcoming and don't mind if you don't speak French at all (well at least in my case when I went last summer). However, the one downside of Paris was that there were a lot of homeless people hanging out on the streets late at night and they're always begging for money. Most of the homeless people were Arabs who live there (France was easily accessible to many who lived in Morocco, Egypt and the other north African countries). Some of them even send their children running up to you, and they start pulling at your sleeves because they know your foreign. I didn't expect any of that in PARIS of all places, but stuff happens and no city is truly perfect. Just be sure to keep your handbag close to you and don't bring too much money with you (most of the restaurants and stores allow the use of credit cards so if you'd rather bring those, you can). Also, I suggest you buy a pass for the metro (depending on how long you spend in Paris). I spent like 3 days so by buying a 3 day pass I didn't have to worry about getting a taxi, etc. The trains are very simple to use, so don't worry. It's easier and wayy cheaper to take the trains because all of the main attractions (Louvre, Eiffel Tower) are close to the train stations. I actually walked from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower (it was a bit of a walk but very scenic and beautiful). Enjoy your trip to paris!! If you have any questions feel free to contact me!

• 1 decade ago

The stuff from the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th and the two islands, if you're in decent shape you can walk to, and it's really beautiful. The neighborhoods from the Place des Vosges south until the Mosque and then over towards the Luxembourg Garden, those are just beautiful.

Walk around the two islands, the Marais, Saint-Germain and the Latin Quarter.

Did I mention, don't miss the Luxembourg Gardens?

The Seventh is a nice walk - see the Musee D'Orsay and then walk through Tuileries, by the Louvre, see the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, and have afternoon tea at Laduree (compares to the Four Seasons the way the Four Seasons compares to your local coffee shop).

If you like shopping, Gallery Lafayette gets you a walk past the Opera. It's a long but pretty walk from there to the Marais but you pass some good wine bars and the Place des Vosges.

Feel free to skip Sacre Coeur - the churches are better elsewhere, the view is better from the top of the Pompidou Centre and Montmarte is very touristy.

Musee Delacroix was nice.

The Mosque du Paris was nice - better than the Institut due Monde Arabe although the two combined was a nice take

Food: much is closed on Monday. We walked 5-6 hours a day and just grabbed a baguette sandwich and/or a beer and walked, and saved our appetites for dinner. When we went out, Le Reminet and l'ourcine were wonderful and the prices were reasonable.

• 1 decade ago

Many people like to have the comforts of home while traveling, and for them the perfect option is to rent an apartment. Financially they can make much more sense than hotel rooms, especially if you are staying more than one week. Most (but not all) apartment rental agencies in Paris require a minimum of one week.

Remember that Paris is divided into twenty neighborhoods, or “arrondissements“, each with its own flair and atmosphere. If you’ve never been to Paris, it’s hard to know which arrondissement to stay in. Too many people rely on monuments to steer where they will stay. Unfortunately this often leaves you far from the center of Paris where you can walk to almost anything, or in a neighborhood that is not as safe or quiet as you would have liked.

• 1 decade ago

Try to learn some French. Get a guide book and do some reading before you go. Travel light and do not overpack clothes. There are no porters in the train stations (at any price) and it is considered perfectly acceptable among French ppl to wear the same clothes, 2 or even 3 days in a row. Some ppl even wear the same jeans for a week straight. You can fill your luggage up with souvenirs that you get during your vacation. Do not wear jogging suits (unless you are a competing athlete) o/w you'll look like a tourist. Also, keep your tourist map out of sight (as well as your camera). Just take em out when you need em and then put them back in your pocket. Bon voyage!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the website www.viator.com will show you hundreds of 1/2 and full day activities and things & places to see. We used this sight last year on our europe trip and fully reccommend it. Paris is the "magic" city in europe. Enjoy.

• 1 decade ago

You must look at all the cities,Landscapes,Eiffel Tower.Don't forget to take a camera and camcorder.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Enjoy, it's a beautiful city, tips on what?

• 1 decade ago

Visit everything & take loads of pics...& dont get kid napped

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.