My wife is full 9 months pregnant this week, but child's head not down, is it compulsory to have Csec?

Her due date is 3rd September. She is physically very strong and keeping very well. Till date she has no problem due to preg. Doctor today confirmed through sonography that child has not moved near pelvis and there is little chance in next few days. But as condition is good, we can wait for a few more days.

1.) What should be the right decision? Would a few days' wait help?

2.) Is there a way to help the child move down? by food or exercises?

3.) Are there really harms of having Csec compared to Normal delivery?

Require very prompt and precise reply.

Thanks.

Thanks all for your replies. Though as the baby's position did not change, we had to go for C Sec.

We are blessed with a girl child and mother and baby are very healthy. Thanks again.

Favorite Answer

Your baby could drop down in the birth canal at any time. Your baby is having fun with mommie and daddy. In a c-section the incision could get infected. After one c-section most doctors will not let you have a VBAC for you next one. I would wait a few more days. You might find this odd but check to see when the next full or new moon will be. Because most babies are born around those times. Even when the baby has not moved into the pelvis area.

My youngest son was not in the birth canal when I started my back labor with him. In fact they told me he was moving to much to be born any time soon. Less than an hr later he was born.

See if you can get the doctor to strip your wife's membranes to help things along before having a c-section.

Have sex, do nipple stimulation and go for long walks .

I wanted to answer your question since I went thru the same thing with my 3rd child. They told me that the head wasnt down and I had a week left before my due date. There is really no way to force the baby's head down. The best thing to do is to wait it out. The babies do move when they get ready. If they don't, then a csec will take place. With any surgery there are risks, but there are different risk factors when you give birth normal too. You have the risk of baby not getting enough oxygen, which then will effect the rest of his/her life, or the umbilical cord getting wrapped around the neck. With a Csec.. they dont have these issues. The only thing with a csec is the healing time is a little bit longer, of course. I wouldnt be surprise if your wife does NOT go into labor before or on the 3rd. I actually went 2 weeks over my due date. Even though the ultrasounds can give us a due date... they are not always correct. Sometimes it will be earlier and sometimes it will be later.

Just make sure your wife is getting the stress tests. You want to make sure your baby is not stressed. If the baby becomes stress then the baby will poop in the sac and then he/she can swallow it. I know it sounds gross, but it is one thing to make sure you stay on top of. I hope this help!

1. If it was me I would wait. She hasn't even hit her due date yet, and if it is the first baby, they are usually late. Yes, wait a few days!

2. Is she walking a lot? She should try to walk as much as possible ( 4-7 15 min walks for example per day). This may help. She could also try getting on all 4s and moving her pelvis around. Not sure about the food, but I've heard spicy food may help progress labor and mother's milk tea, and red raspberry leaf tea

3. Yes, a c-sec is a major surgery. It takes much more time to recover from and carries more risks. It should be the last resort! Don't let the Dr. try to convince you into doing it unless you truly believe it is the best option. Some Dr. prefer c-sec because they make more $ and don't have to wait for days/hours/weeks for the baby to be born. With a vaginal delivery, the healing time is usually much faster and the vagina bounces back much faster.

Hope it works out for you! Don't worry, baby will be here before you know it! Good luck and congrats!

Source(s): Mommy to a 6 mo old

Is this her first pregnancy?

Usually during first pregnancies the baby will drop well before labor but sometimes (especially in a second, third, etc. pregnancy) the baby will not drop until the mother is actually in labor.

I'm unsure why you're considering a c-section? It really doesn't sound like she needs one.

She could try walking and see if that helps the baby move down, but it's not a for sure thing.

There is a big difference between a c-section and normal delivery. A c-section is a surgical procedure. The healing process is also much more painful. She should avoid a c-section if she can.

Source(s): Mother of 2.

1) I would wait more than a few days before I have a C-section! She can be late up to 2 weeks before she needs to have a C-Section. Don't let them pressure her to have that done just because she's late. Only if the baby is in jeopardy.

2) Walking helps move the baby down. She should walk on a treadmill or just around the neighborhood. Gravity is key. Sex may help too since orgasms can cause light contractions.

3) It is difficult to recover after C-section. She will need a lot of help after the delivery. C-section babies are just as healthy as vaginally delivered ones.

Good Luck to you guys and check out my blog too.

Source(s): 1healthymomandbaby.com
  • This website compares vaginal births to c-section births. My son didn't drop until I was in the hospital in labor. But I heard going for walks might help. She could also try bouncing on a birthing ball or swinging on a swing! In my personal opinion I think that as long as the baby is not in any stress that you should wait until close to 42 weeks before making a decision like that. Babies usually always come when they're ready! Congrats and good luck!

With my daughter she was breach and they only gave me to 34 weeks to turn they said after that the chance of turning is very unlikely due to the baby having no room to do it in. When it comes to a c-sections some people prefer them because there is no pain in pushing the baby out and also it is planned so there are no surprises on when the baby will come.

My baby was breach and high up.I was induced at 39 weeks due to previous complications and after 3 days the baby was in distress as she was too big and i had to have an emergency C-Sec.However,i have had friend's who's babies havn't dropped go on to have natural births.

Going on long walks can help the baby to move down. I wouldn't worry about it unless she starts getting signs of pre clampsia. if not, let the baby be for a bit.

Source(s): mom of 4

WELL UNTIL CONTRACTIONS START THERE IS NO REASON TO WORRY, MY 2ND BABY WAS TOLD TO BE FEET 1ST AND IT WAS TOLD TO ME ON A FRIDAY AND THEY TOLD ME MONDAY ID HAVE A C SECTION AND THAT SUNDAY I WENT INTO LABOR AND THE BABY HAD TURNED ON ITS OWN ALSO THERE ARE METHODS THAT THEY CAN USE TO TURN THE BABY THAT AT TIMES ARE EFFECTIVE