Pinning my husbands new rank?

Tomorrow morning is the promotion ceremony for my husband. I'll be the one to pin him with his new Sergeant rank. I've never done this before and I have no idea what to expect or do. He's the one getting promoted, why am I nervous? LOL! Anyways, if you could give me a little insight for what to expect... show more Tomorrow morning is the promotion ceremony for my husband. I'll be the one to pin him with his new Sergeant rank. I've never done this before and I have no idea what to expect or do. He's the one getting promoted, why am I nervous? LOL! Anyways, if you could give me a little insight for what to expect and what exactly I do, I would really appreciate it.. I just don't want to mess up!
Update: Can't believe I forgot to add his branch, I apologize.. He's Army!
Thank you for all the excellent answers :) Most of you have been very helpful and I'm feeling alot better. I would comment on Stan, but you guys have it taken care of.. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
Update 2: --
Alright Stan, go play somewhere else. You're raving on people who have plenty of pride in the Military and in their families. You keep saying "when you were in" .. So either you're a lonely old man, or the Military got smart and kicked you out. Either way, give it up.