promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you like to travel to Colombia?

It´s true what colombia is a country very dangerous?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

colombia has parts just as dangerous as any country in the world. People especially americans need to stop paying attention to all of hollywood films that portray colombia as being a super poor drug infested, where you can find it anywhere people running around in sombreros and riding donkeys. Colombia is an amazing country with a variety of things to do and see.It has super modern cities like bogota the capital. Ive been there about a million of times and i have never felt danger and i can say that i love it.Get out and explore the world!!! Of course you don't flash big money or anything it is a wonderful country. Colombia's big cities like bogota and medellin are safer than some big cities in US also people think that in colombia if your american or blond or european you get shot as soon as you step off of the plane well thats all bs, and colombia is safer than lets say mexico right now which some people still think is safer than colombia.

• Alex G
      Lv 4
      4 years agoReport

Maybe you're right, but Colombia has a higher "intentional homicide" (murder) rate: 28 per 100,000 population per year, compared to 16 for Mexico... both unacceptably high!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I have made 6 trips in the past 3 years. I have been to Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, and Barranquilla. I know that there are parts of Colombia that are less secure than these cities, but I never felt in danger or unsafe. I love the country and the people are very nice, especially when treated with respect. My trips were 2 and 3 weeks long each time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i love going to colombia

yea colombia has its dangerous like every other place in the world but its not like your going to get shoot every time you leave your hotel room

people exaggerate and colombia is actually a very beautiful place with exotic plant amazing animals

and a night life you wouldn't believe

the people are friendly and the food is to die for

every place in the world has its dangerous but in some place people only see that part

they don't see the good things and they don't see the cool parts their to scared to look in to things and only go by the bad things that the news shows

because that's all the news does it put every place in the world down except for the place their broadcasting for

you should visit colombia its an unforgettable experience

• 1 decade ago

i guess you are american arent you?

lemme guess... clear and present danger? or maybe mr and mrs smith? or would it be behind enemy lines huh?

get out of your basement!

research on colombia we are not mexican guys who speak mexican mixed with cuban and puertorican ... no we do not have chickens running all over the place and no ... our roads are not unpaved ... and most important ...

NO... BOGOTA IS NOT A HOT CITY WITH PEOPLE WEARING SHORTS AND SANDALS

can you imagine hollywoods ignorance that they show bogota as a city in the caribbean when bogota is a very cold and mountainous city

that could be compared to london in climate

• ...Show all comments
    • Alex G
      Lv 4
      4 years agoReport

Ah, but Cartagena is a city in the caribbean, yeah? Maybe Hollywood was showing that?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kain
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes you'll take it with you. The best factor you're no longer allowed to convey on is beverages of any types that include over four oz, if this is the case, be certain you place them right into a ziploc bag or they'll make you trow it away. Have amusing!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dress poor, so you don't get kidnapped

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.