How many of you boomers raced home from school to watch Dark Shadows? 2nd Question? Who was your favourite?

I loved Grayson Hall, Lara Parker, Donald Briscoe, Jonathan Frid (a fellow Canadian) and John Karlen...

Please share your favourite moments of that spook opera?

((L)) Your mum had good taste! Why not invite her on here to give her impressions about the show.... that would be really cool? What do you say...?

Favorite Answer

Race home? Not us!

We went to school in the downtown area, a few blocks from a major department store. We raced to Stillman's, took the elevator to the 3rd floor (home furnishings), plopped our teenage butts on the display sofas, and watched the show.

The only time we were interrupted was by the elevators directly behind us. The operators would stop at the floor as long as they could to watch a little of the show. Impatient people on other floors would buzz! buzz! buzz! if the operators didn't respond fast enough.

Thanks for a fun memory!

I didn't start watching until 1968. I had a friend that watched it from the beginning, wish now I had. I have a couple of the VHS videos. I had the casts pictures on the walls of my bedroom along with other celebrities. My favorites were Barnabas and Angelique. Lara Parker was so beautiful. Probably still is. I also saw the movies that were made of D.S. I can't wait for the Johnny Depp D.S. movie. I'm still a Jonathon Frid fan, but Depp is so good in his movies!

I used to rush home to watch that everyday after school, I think it was on at 4pm.

Barnabas (Frid) was my favorite!

You'll be happy to hear that they are currently filming a Dark Shadows movie in London that is being directed by Tim Burton. Johnny Depp will portray Barnabas so it should be really good, I can't wait until it hits the theaters!

• /

I never rushed home to watch Dark Shadows. I was about 3 years old when the show started and there were reruns in the '70's/early '80's when I went to school, but it just seemed really dark and strange with weird background music and I never was able to understand the story line. Guess I'll be checking on the web.

Yes, we did. It came on the same time we got out of school. We lived in a neighborhood that the school was in walking distance. If we ran really hard, we would only miss 10 minutes. We didn't have a way to record our shows back then, so we dealt with it. We loved all of the characters, changing who our favorite was as the plot thickened.

My goodness yes, my younger cousin usually got home in time to see the start and as soon as I came in the door he would tell me what I had missed. Jonathan Frid. When Willie got caught by Barnabas.

• oldman

I was almost graduated from high school when it first came on, I thought it was a way stupid show even for a soap opera, and I had much better things to rush...........well, away from school for, than to stick my nose in a TV. To say nothing of a job and chores at home. My life was much too full to waste any of it watching TV.

At that time the show was on a channel we couldn't recieve unless we had a roof top antenna, anyway I rushed home to watch the Mickey Mouse Club.

I was devoted to Hammer films and Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.

I never could buy the lead as a monster and it was just too soap opera for me.

Me, I did. I liked the governess Victoria Winters played by Alexandra Moltke. Very spooky show and the music was so eerie.