Where can i get an ESD(Electro Static Discharge)Bag..?

need to get hard drive replaced and need to send the defective one in and it needs to be in an esd bag...does anyone know where i can get one?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can buy them at many places online. Radio shack might have them, but I doubt it. An electronics hobby store would have them too.

You could just wrap it in aluminum foil and then put it in a regular zip-lock bag.

Most of the places that sell them want you to buy at least 100 bags - sorry.

http://www.esdbagsonline.com/General_purpose_esd_b...

Do the aluminum foil thing - it actually works perfectly as a ESD protector.

Source(s): I used to work at an electronics factory.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yes there is so many online portal, which provides Electro Static Discharge(ESD) bag . I would like to advice you to buy electro static bag from USA. Here the products are more quality as compare to other country because the demand is in huge.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Where can i get an ESD(Electro Static Discharge)Bag..?

need to get hard drive replaced and need to send the defective one in and it needs to be in an esd bag...does anyone know where i can get one?

Source(s): esd electro static discharge bag: https://tr.im/zCk8F
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Many people ask about shocks experienced when they touch the door, filing cabinet, lift, or other metal object. Static electricity is generated whenever two materials are in contact with each other. All materials are made of electrical charges in the material atoms. In the universe there are equal amounts of negative electrical charge (electrons) and positive charge (protons). These generally try to stay in balance of equal amounts at every location. However, when two materials are in contact, some of the charges redistribute by moving from one material to the other. This leaves an excess of positive charge on one material, and an equal negative charge on the other. When the materials move apart, each takes it's charge with it. One material becomes charged positively, and the other negatively. If the materials are able to conduct electricity away the charges will dissipate and eventually recombine. In this case, static electricity effects may be too small to be noticed. However, if the charges are separated faster than the material can dissipate them, the amount of electrostatic charge builds up. Eventually a high voltage, and the effects of static electricity, may be noticed. Most modern shoes have highly insulating rubber or plastic soles. As you walk, static charges can build up on the soles of the shoes. This is especially true if the floor is also insulating. Some older nylon carpets are particularly good at generating static electricity. The charge on the shoes soles induces static electrical charge on your body, and this charge appears as a high voltage. Under severe conditions, more than 15,000 Volts have been recorded. It is quite common to experience 5,000V. In fact, many people do not feel a shock from a static electricity discharge less than about 2,000-4,000V. If you are indoors, the point can be proved by walking around for a while with no shoes on - you will probably not experience shock. When you sit in a chair the contact between your clothes and the chair can generate a lot of electrostatic charge on your clothes. While you stay in contact with the chair your body voltage stays low. If you lean forward so you back moves away from the chair back, or if you get up out of the chair, then you take the electrostatic charge with you. Your body voltage can rise very rapidly to a high voltage as the charge is separated from it's counter charge on the chair. Unfortunately cure is not always easy. Indoors, you can try raising the air humidity to 40-50% rh with a humidifier. (You can check the humidity with a cheap humidity meter from a gardening shop.) Also, look for shoes with leather soles. In the electronics industry, and in areas where electrostatic sparks could cause a fire hazard, people often wear specially designed static dissipative shoes to reduce electrostatic charge build-up on the body. It is less likely that problems will be experienced with non-polymer floors, such as cement or wood (although varnishes can cause problems). However, replacing the floor can be expensive! It is possible to treat some floors with static dissipative treatments - but the benefit of this will probably wear off after a while.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.