I need help with a movie title?

I can only remember bits and pieces from this movie so please bare with me OK let's see: It was a movie that takes place in the state of Mississippi where a Caucasian female kills her husband and travels around the entire United States with her dead husbands head in a hatbox but towards the end of the movie I... show more I can only remember bits and pieces from this movie so please bare with me OK let's see: It was a movie that takes place in the state of Mississippi where a Caucasian female kills her husband and travels around the entire United States with her dead husbands head in a hatbox but towards the end of the movie I guess she couldn't carry the heavy burden of murdering her husband that she tries to jump off the San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge but is stopped by 2 policemen and they come across the head in the hatbox and take her in. But it's more to the movie than that but i think it was made to look like the civil right time period.
I think its called Mississippi Ghosts or something to that nature...please help I really would like to watch this movie again?