I need help with a movie title?

I can only remember bits and pieces from this movie so please bare with me OK let's see: It was a movie that takes place in the state of Mississippi where a Caucasian female kills her husband and travels around the entire United States with her dead husbands head in a hatbox but towards the end of the movie I guess she couldn't carry the heavy burden of murdering her husband that she tries to jump off the San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge but is stopped by 2 policemen and they come across the head in the hatbox and take her in. But it's more to the movie than that but i think it was made to look like the civil right time period.

I think its called Mississippi Ghosts or something to that nature...please help I really would like to watch this movie again?

Favorite Answer

Crazy in Alabama (1999)

IMDb review:

It's the 1960s in Alabama, and Lucille (Melanie Griffith) murders and decapitates her abusive husband, Chester, and heads to Hollywood with his head. Meanwhile back home, segregation is being fought in her small town. Our narrator is Lucille's nephew (Lucas Black of "American Gothic" TV series and "Sling Blade"), who is living with his uncle (David Morse), witnessing the evil of the town sheriff (Meat Loaf Aday~rock star/actor) and trying to make sense of the Civil Rights movement. ... Lucille dazzles everyone who meets her, and everything goes her way, despite the fact that Chester's head continues to speak to her. Griffith is compelling; her husband, Antonio Banderas, directs her as he sees her; the camera keeps finding the perfect woman: thrilling, sensual and sweet.

Also in the cast are Cathy Moriarty, Rod Steiger, Robert Wagner, Paul Ben-Victor, Fannie Flagg, Elizabeth Perkins and Paul Mazursky.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foxLhAKZRxg

Youtube thumbnail

technology Kill Band of Brothers The Assassination of Jesse James by utilising the Coward Robert Ford Bury My heart at Wounded Knee Wall highway Black Hawk Down Kingdom of Heaven on line casino Royale all those titles sound fantastic to me BQ: struggling with

I think it was Crazy in Alabama