Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 1 decade ago

why can't i see my reflection in the mirror on a television?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only logical explanation is that you are, in fact, a vampire. Good luck adjusting to life as an immortal.

• 1 decade ago

A mirror is made of glass with metallic backing. When light travels into the mirror, it bounces back without being scattered, preserving the image in front of it. This is called "specular reflection."

If you take a photograph of a mirror, you will not see your reflection in the photograph. The film on which the photograph was captured does not have the properties of specular reflection; neither does the paper on which the image from the film negative is printed. The photograph only captures whatever was visible in the mirror at the time and at the angle at which the photograph was originally taken.

For the same reason, a mirror on television will not show you your reflection either. The film used to take a video picture of the mirror (multiple pictures in succession, like a flip book) does not have the properties of specular reflection. And, while your television screen, like many glass surfaces, may be somewhat reflective, this reflection is caused by the glass screen itself, and is not specific to the picture of the mirror showing on the screen.

If you cannot see your reflection in front of an actual mirror hanging on the wall, then you are a ghost.

Source(s): "How Mirrors Work" http://science.howstuffworks.com/mirror2.htm
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should check for other signs as well. See if you have need of drinking red liquid, or fear of the sunlight. Or crosses and silver spoons.

Or try to take an IQ-test.

Cuz if you're not a Vampire, or a child - then sir you should google the Smoking Gun presents.

• 1 decade ago

Because the TV is not made of what the mirror is made of. think of it like this. Would you see your reflection in a picture? No you wouldn't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If your TV was near a light source, you would be able to see your reflection. It is the light bouncing off of the material that allows you to see your reflection.

• 1 decade ago

*shakes head in severe dissapointment* Just promise me you'll never have kids..please?

• 1 decade ago

Why are people seriously answering this obvious joke question?

Source(s): failblog
  • 1 decade ago

I'm sorry i could not understand the question could you please give some more additional details and repost.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.