Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Windows Movie Maker Video Effects (speed up)?

This is my second time using Windows Movie Maker (WMM) to edit clips. However, I have a hard time using a certain video effect, namely speed up, double. When I use speed up, the whole clip gets sped up, which I do not want. My question is this: How can you apply the speed up, double video effect to only certain parts of a clip? For example, only the first few minutes or the end of the clip are sped up. Thank you for your help!

Favorite Answer

It seems like if you don't have clips already made for your movie to be editted. Just use the split video button* to separate the section of the movie you want sped up.

Right click the movie clip on the timeline and select effects. Select your effect, then press OK. Now only that segment you separated will be sped up.

* The split video button is located under the preview window, and looks like two strips of film with a vertical line between them. Preview the movie, and press the pause button and rewind or fast forward a frame at a time to help select the section you want the speed-up to start from.

Then move to the end of the speed up segment and using the pause button again, use the rewind or fast forward frame buttons to help find the end of the section you want.

just split the video whichever part u want it to be fast. then add the effect to it