Looking for a good "vespa" style moped "scooter" at or under 50cc?

I live in California and believe if i can get a vespa style moped or scooter that was 50cc or a little under i could get away with driving it without a license or "registration" They get killer gas mileage and would be perfect for a commute even 50 miles away from my home, job searching, college,... show more I live in California and believe if i can get a vespa style moped or scooter that was 50cc or a little under i could get away with driving it without a license or "registration"

They get killer gas mileage and would be perfect for a commute even 50 miles away from my home, job searching, college, etc.

i'm just really looking for something under $800 out the door, you know?

I don't care if its honda or suzuki or namco.. lol 1-10k miles :P

Used or new, i'm a poor college student looking for cheap easy transportation :)
Update: Thanks guys! If went for a 150cc and got my m1 permit do you think that would work? and i live in a rural community so it is very easy to get 50 miles without seeing a highway :P and 2 hours is a bit long, i was thinking more along the lines of 1 hour... but i didn't think of running a little engine to... show more Thanks guys!

If went for a 150cc and got my m1 permit do you think that would work? and i live in a rural community so it is very easy to get 50 miles without seeing a highway :P

and 2 hours is a bit long, i was thinking more along the lines of 1 hour... but i didn't think of running a little engine to death XP that was stupid.
Update 2: oh, and i am 2hours away from Sacramento and san francisco...

but about 8 hours from los angeles D:

but that bike did look decent, i'm just looking for a vespa style scooter to get my wife to ride along sometimes, maybe even learn to operate it :D