Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

how many week are played in one regular nhl season. and how do the MBL playoffs work?

k i know there are 82 games played in one nba and nhl season, but i want to know how many weeks are in one regular season for the nba and the nhl.

how many game are played in one basebal regular season,

how are the teams spit up into two leagues random or is there some kind of reason. i get how the playoffs work in the nhl but i don't really know how major league baseball playoffs work; and with it coming up soon it would be nice to know the system

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

162 Games Each.

There are 6 Divisions in baseball:

The AL East, Central and West

The NL East, Central and West

The teams in each of there respective divisions play for a play-off spot, which the team with the best record wins there division and goes to the play-offs.

The team with the 2nd best record in the whole league (American and National) Will get the Wild Card Spot.

In the invent of a tie, a 1 game play-off will be made (pushing the total too 163 regular season games)

For the play-offs, the Best Plays the worst like NHL, but not from the same division. (The best in AL East, can't play the worst in the play-offs if he is also in the AL East via wild card making him play the 2nd best.

So the first round or the ALDS/NLDS (American/National League Division Series) Is played in the best of 5 series.

The winnings teams advancing on to the ALCS/NLCS (American/National League Championship Series) There they play in a best of 7 series. The respective winners of that both advance to the World Series, in which the league that one the All-Star game gets home field advantage. They then play in a 7 game series to see who wins the World Series.

The main difference between MLB and NHL play-offs are the amount of teams, MLB only has 4 in each league 8 total compared to NHL 16 total, and the first round in the MLB play-offs is 5 game series compared to the NHL's 7.

• 1 decade ago

162 games are played in one MLB season 81 are away 81 are home.

ok i only know about the MLB (not MBL) but im assumming ur refering to major leauge baseball. and the teams are randomized according to region, and if states with two clubs or more(CA) they can't all be in one leauge 30 teams 15 in each leauge NL and AL 5 teams 3 divisions.

playoffs.

WildCard- team with best record in their leauge that did not win their division

best team in each division goes to the ALDS/NLDS( American/National leauge division Series)

Wild Card vs. Central division and East Vs. West or w/e best out of five advances

ALCS/NLCS(American/National leauge championship series)

Winners of the ALDS/NLDS face off in a best of seven series

Winners of ALCS and NLCS go head to head in the world series

best out of seven home field advantage goes to the leauge that won the All star game.

Winner is the World series champion

• 4 years ago

it somewhat is stupid, the pro-bowl is in easy terms a exciting time for gamers to circulate relax in Hawaii. it somewhat is meaningless and can be meaningless. soccer is purely too lots of a splash game to have a pointless recreation performed in the direction of the season or postseason. i know, hockey is finished touch too, yet possible play hockey with out lots physique checking and it will a minimum of resemble hockey. you may no longer play soccer with out having grown adult men collide into one yet another and bringing them into the dirt. no longer until you're making it a professional flag soccer recreation. additionally it may be dumb to have it in the direction of the season, because of the fact in assessment to the different activities, soccer is purely sixteen video games. How are you meant to vote for an all-famous individual after say 8 video games? backside line, no one is going to conform to allow their gamers to danger harm in a recreation that doesn't count style for something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.