How should I wash newly tie dyed shirts? PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION!! (:?

I bought a tie dying kit, and im planning on using it tomorrow. I read the instructions and everything makes sense, except for one part. It says after making the shirt, let it set for 6-8 hours, and then wash in hottest water in the washer.

This confused me because I read online in many places that you should NOT wash in hot water, and some said that you should wash in cold water, and then hot water. WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?

also, im making 5 shirts, so is it okay to hand wash them? i just want to make sure that they are as vibrant as possible.

Favorite Answer

If the instructions on the kit call for hot water, then that is what you should use the first time. This may be part of the process of setting the dye. However, when washing the shirts for normal laundry, you will probably want to switch to colder water to make the shirts last longer.

Hand washing should be fine.

• fette

Wash them one after the different for the 1st few cases. you ought to objective it via rinsing them interior the bath or some thing so as which you will discover if the colors run interior the water. If the water runs sparkling, it may be risk-free to bathe all of them mutually. stable success!