my sister has been proven to have committed benefit fraud?

but she moved out of the country a month ago what could happen and i completely disagree with what she has done it's discussing but she has a small child this why i'm asking

Update:

sorry what i'm asking is will the police beable to find her out of the country

Update 2:

just to let you no jan the case agaisnt me was droped as a error on there part i wk full time as a career and have two small children so if you havent got any vaild avice done bother

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is possible that if it has become a police matter that they will serve an arrest warrant on her and when she next passes through customs she will be arrested.

• Login to reply the answers
  • As the above poster points out if she's in the EU she doesn't really have a very good chance: she'll have to pay the money back, with small child or not.

You say she's "been proven to have committed benefit fraud"? was this in court, was she sent a summons?

The penalty will be higher if she's refused to attend court, if she hasn't received a summons yet I'd advise her to 'turn her self in' so to speak. That way the court will take her problems into account, eg. has two small children and the court will be more willing to set reasonable terms for her to pay off the money she's stolen.

Otherwise she'll be held in contempt and either get a larger fine or have a few days prison time.

• flint
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

She will be arrested as soon as she re-enters the country and if it's a large sum a prison sentence is likely.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a matter for the Police and a court of law to judge her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Adam
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well any future benefits will stop

there is a hefty fine

and also in some cases prison sentence

• 1 decade ago

It seems that its ok for politicians to commit fraud so I guess its ok for the rest of us

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.