Alea S
Alea S asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Has everyone forgotten Mary Jo Kopechne?

Does it irritate anyone else that the drunken mess known as the 'Winged Lion' Teddy Kennedy is being celebrated like some kind of God? Too bad Mary Jo, who was a teacher and campaign worker, couldn't swim after being bashed in the head...

Favorite Answer

Alea, This very thought has crossed my mind often since the death of Ted Kennedy. I wonder how the family of this young girl feels about how people are so worshiping this drunken corrupt politician while they probably mourn the death of this beloved family member til this day. If this is not an example of how backwards this world is, nothing is. God bless.

Say a prayer and remember the family of Mary Jo Kopechne.

http://brianakira.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mary...

Put it this way: There's no question in my mind that Ted Kennedy is a hypocritical crook and should have been held accountable for the death of Mary Jo Kopeckne, but that doesn't mean I wish brain cancer on the guy. Heck, I despise the Clintons, but I don't want them dead. It's just very sad that the whole Chappaquiddick incident was swept under the rug because of the last name of the other individual in the car. P.S.: NO MORE GOP says he feels sorry for idiots like you -- isn't it great that he pointed out what a narrow-minded, intolerant idiot HE is? P.P.S.: We have a couple more narrow-minded, intolerant idiots sounding off about the Iraq War -- how quickly they forget that their beloved Democrats voted overwhelmingly to go to war, and the fact that Congress cast the vote means the war is 100% LEGAL. The people who should really STFU are those who ***** about the war and Bush from the safety of their homes in the U.S. while REAL Americans leave home and family to keep us safe from terrorism and other REAL Americans support the troops, even if they don't agree with the war.

To the Democrats Mary Jo Kopechne is just a Commoner and Collaterall Damage.

No, The "Winged Lion" if food for the Maggots.

Look Ted is and will always be the darling of the democrats, like Reagan is to Republicans. The difference is actions speak loader than words and words is all the dims have.

I was just a kid when this incident happened, but I remember my dad saying that he would get out of any trouble because he was one of the "special Kennedy family".

Just another legacy left behind by the Cowardly Lyin of the Senate.

Just Dems but not Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

It is a non issue in the past. how about concentrating on the issues the republicans created in the last decade.

The republicans were in control in the last decade and they are to blame for the mess Obama is making great strides to clean.

How could we? The right keeps bashing her over our heads.

What about the boyfriend that drunken Laura Bush killed? I see we've all forgotten about him too.