Why do blacks live in the poorest neighborhoods?

I recently asked "Do you have to hate another race to be a racist?" "what if you just think another race is different? are you a racist if you think black are physically stronger than whites? or if you believe whites are smarter then black?" This was one of the answers i got,... show more I recently asked "Do you have to hate another race to be a racist?"
"what if you just think another race is different?
are you a racist if you think black are physically stronger than whites? or if you believe whites are smarter then black?"

This was one of the answers i got,

"It's a somewhat racist view to think that one race is stronger/smarter than another.

Statistically speaking black people get poorer school results that white people in America. However, they also go to the worst schools and live in the poorest areas.

Race does not affect intelligence or strength. While both can be affected by genetics, it is also important to remember that both differences are mostly down to cultural influences. A white person living in a poor neighborhood, going to a terrible school, is just as likely to get bad school results."

So if there is no difference between black and white, why do blacks end up living in the poorest neighborhoods in the first place?

If a group of whites settled in one are of town and a group of blacks settled in another part of town
would the black neighborhood end up being the poorest side of town?
12 answers 12