Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

do teens ever carry out serious relationships or is it all just fooling around?

Favorite Answer

Most teen relationships don't go well, but i know a few people that have had long term relationships in there teens, if there is love between the two people than it can survive.

P.S. Good luck if this is for you. And if there is love its hard to stop loving all of a sudden (I know from experiance) 'War and love are so similar, easy to begin but hard to end.'

Source(s): My friends. The only tradgedy in life is to never have loved

Its just fooling around. They have much to learn, and by fooling around they will get tons of experience from the up coming dating and serious relationship games.

Also people in the 20's fool around. I think people should just party, have sex, do drugs if needed until 30, so that when your 30, you will feel like you need to settle down and start a family. Also it would strike out the feeling of "missing out" fun things in life. If you get engaged in a serious relationship early in life, your relationship will be in trouble in the future.

I'd go for like 1 out of 20 people will ever carry out a relationship. It's mostly just fooling around... But thats coming from someone who see's it like it is and doesn't really believe in forever at age 17.

Source(s): a teenage girl's brain.

Its based on how they are raised and what types or friends they hang out with. I have 3 daughters that I talk to a lot about all sorts of things. I want them to understand how things work and the reality of life. I know they will learn more through their own mistakes but I rather give them a heads up so they can get a chance to prevent some issues.

They can not go from boy to boy. They have to give a 3months cooling off period before they start a new relationship from the time of their last break up. Also, if they start the new school year single- they have to give 3 months before dating so they can get to see how the guys really act.

My oldest daughter is going on her 6month with her boyfriend. Her previous relationship lasted 4.5months. I am a strict mom who is realistic. I understand they are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of what I say. But I do explain to them the pros and cons of moving too fast.

The other thing- I have always told them the chances of the boyfriend they date to actually become their husband is very low- like 1%. Once they reach college...the numbers go up.

So to answer your question- some teenagers do have long term relationships. When I was a teenager I did too. I hated going from boy to boy- it gives you a bad rep and you don't even really like them..just how they look or something you saw them do.

Well I've always wanted to try to have a descent long lasting relationship. My first serious one lasted 11 months and now my second is still going amazingly strong at 7 months.

Some relationships last the entire 4 years of high school. And then they graduate, it doesn't work out and they end it. It really just depends on the couple and what they want.

Usually fooling around. Once in a while, hormones take over totally and they become foolishly serious. One in every thousand couples get serious for good reasons. 25% of those are being especially smart and safe with it. Those are the good kids -- about 10 - 25 of them in each high school.

Teens just want to explore this newly found area of their emotional and physical abilities and capabilities.

For short: They wanna know what the heck is going on. :)

~Sky~ :)

Most teens believe all relationships are serious. Some think that way until they meet someone new male/female than it is off to to what believe is a serious. Most teen romances don't last long some do and they get married Some of them last a couple of years It is all just day to day

Nothing in life is certain.

That is a truth to live by, and let me explain how it applies.

I would say, without hesitation, that 96% or more of teens are simply interested in sex, or short girlfriend/boyfriend relationships, lasting only in the weeks.

when i was a teenager, i had a relationship that lasted 2 years. It was my first. i did not want a short one, or a sexually based one.

The answer to your question is that yes, most do. but that doesn't mean all of them do.

And before i leave, let me explain.

Relationships between teenagers are usually a shallow imitation of relationships as an adult. Like all things, children learn of relationships through movies, and watching adults, and they then attempt to imitate them. But, because they are just developing the tools necessary, they go for only one thing:

Looks.

This is their downfall, and why their relationships inevitably fail. When one bases their relationships entirely on someone's looks, without considering their personality, there is no hope.

Hope that answers your question.

Most people will say that young teen love isn't real because of their age. Sometimes, I find that that is b.s.

Rules have been set along this earth these days that says that teenagers can't handle relationships because they don't know anything about them.

I say that life is real therefore everything and everyone that affects it is real also.

Sometimes it is fooling around. Sometimes it's real. The older you get, the more you realize that the patterns never change.

I'm just talking, though. Ignore me. lol

I began dating my boyfriend when I was 17, and he was my first kiss and my first everything. (I know, it's a little bit sad, Lol.) But we have been together for four years. So, not every teen has meaningless flings. I always wanted something more special than making out or hooking up with random people at parties, you know? So many people told us we would never "make it" because no one stays with their high school sweetheart and no one ever lasts... I hate older people who insist teens aren't capable of being in relationships. If you really care about each other, you find ways to work.