who does the Attorney General of the United States answerr to?

I have a question in my Criminal Justice class and it was asking who the Attorney General and that is Eric H. Holder Jr. and now i need to know to whom he answers to.

• bonobo
    Favorite Answer

The Attorney General is the chief federal prosecutor and can charge anyone of a crime, including the President. The President can fire him as Nixon did during Watergate. The congress can however impeach the President, the Attorney General, a Supreme Court Justice or any other federal employee for anything they want, try him, and remove him from office if found guilty. The impeachment process is a purely political (non-criminal) and each senator has one vote.

The Supreme Court is the ultimate decider of all criminal and civil cases if they choose to do so. Therefore they can erase any conviction obtained even one initiated by the Attorney General.

The President. He's one the Presidential Cabinet members.

• Lane

He only answers to the President!

Source(s): My botfriend, a Lawyer!

Bin Laden maybe.

Don't ask him about the Organized crime and corruption in USA, That's a forbidden question.

POTUS and eventually SCOTUS

jesus..and the chick one above me has a "botfriend"

Satan.

Holder is one of his many minions.