Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

What exactly makes us human?

I'm writing a song for a school project and the topic is,"What makes us human?" Can anyone give me a couple ideas as to what exactly makes a human human? Much appreciated! :)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • *RED*
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

...compassion for others and appreciation for life...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bipedal,intelligent and tool wielding Homo Sapiens (scientific term for humans)

It dates back when homo sapiens were still evolving. We devised plans to take down powerful prey.We developed tools that made things easier. That is why we established "packs" to carried out plans. Then many years later we established civilizion that no other animal achieved yet. So we were no longer considered "wild". We are social because we are surround by humans that is how we form friendships. But some people are fine staying solo. We developed emotions that are more complex than animals because of our highly developed brain.

Source(s): Here is a little history on humans.
  • 3 years ago

there are dissimilar issues that distinguish people from the different animals, however the main well-known good points in people that are a techniques greater appropriate to the different species is our sentience, creativity, our skill to rationalize, empathize, love, and understand precis recommendations, and to understand greater complicated recommendations of reason & consequence. We additionally haven't any real instincts. in keeping with the guy who quoted Sartre: "i think of, subsequently i'm," replaced into meant to be a assertion to instruct one's own existence, whether the character of one's existence is unknowable. it is like asserting, "this may well be the Matrix, and not something would exist, yet because of the fact i think of, i understand that I exist in some style."

• 1 decade ago

Extreme Sentience

Extreme Ego

Extreme Sicknesses

Extreme Variety

Extremely Wasteful

We're nature's Borderline screw up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A human is a species that is declared by scientific classification. Science tells us what is a relative of a certain type of being and whether or not it is an offshoot. i.e. ape/man/chimp

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your asking what makes us "special" or..."the biggest difference between us and all other animals" then I would say ..

..our capacity for language

highly advanced memory centers

capability for reflection and self recognition

and of course being able to surrender our emotions to reason.

• 1 decade ago

I don't have anything poetic.. What makes us Human? The ability to Reason.

• 1 decade ago

23 pairs of chromosomes, and the capacity for sapience.

• 1 decade ago

Sympathy,kindness and understanding make us human.

Source(s): The Oxford Advanced Learners Dectionary and The Random House Dictionary of the English Language
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

big ego

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.