What is the poorest region in South America or Latin America?

I would like to, someday soon, purchase some land in South or Latin America and plant it with 1/2 cash crop to support myself and the land, and 1/2 food crop for the natives or whoever needs it. Preferably I would be looking for a fertile area with a needy community to start this project on, and if it works well, I... show more I would like to, someday soon, purchase some land in South or Latin America and plant it with 1/2 cash crop to support myself and the land, and 1/2 food crop for the natives or whoever needs it. Preferably I would be looking for a fertile area with a needy community to start this project on, and if it works well, I would like to try to expand to other areas in those countries. It doesn't matter what kind of cash crop I grow as long as it supports the "farm". The same goes for the food crop. It would just go to the local community or whoever needs it most and I would like to provide this crop free of charge if at all possible. Any help or information on anything pertaining to this venture would be much appreciated! Thank you!