Yes Wozniacki beat Pennetta!!!?

Thanks Caroline, for beating Flavia, now Lena won the US Open Series! Caroline you made my day, now you can go on, beat the Dementieva-esque Vesnina in the final!

Oh yeah I need a question..ugh will this help or hurt Elena for the US Open. Will she crumble under pressure, or gain confidence?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dementieva will win the US Open. She is the best and most consistant player coming into this tournament. Her biggest challengers would be Jankovic, Williamses, Clijsters (Clijsters is on other half along with the sisters), and Safina

• 1 decade ago

Good for Caroline, she was in a bit of a slump since Wimbledon and was not playing very well. And thanks to her, Dementieva clinched the US Open Series (though I would not have minded if Pennetta won it). Vesnina is actually a very decent player, and she will be tough to beat, judging by their head-to-head. But I'm still rooting for Dementieva to win her first slam! Wozniacki has plenty of time, but Elena does not. It's now or never, and her best chance may be right now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm glad she won too, but not for the same reasons. Flavia was on a major roll, and was probably the favorite to win this match, but their only other meeting was on clay and Caroline won. That was probably a warning sign that Flavia was in trouble, because clay is Caroline's weakest surface. I think Caroline has pressure on her, because she is a huge favorite against Vesnina, but she is steadily improving(seeded for the first time ever at a major at the U.S. Open). Caroline should win, but it will be close. And Vesnina is a lot hotter than Dementieva.

• 1 decade ago

Elena is one of the few who has a chance to win the US Open. I think she will continue to gain confidence.

And good for Wozniacki, she's one of my favorites.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wozniacki=Arrogance

Not a big fan sorry. Hope she gets crushed in the Us Open seeing she doesn't have a good history in Grandslams.

• 1 decade ago

YAY for Wozniacki, next step claim that US Open title 2009 : )

• 1 decade ago

she's definitely one of the best youngsters today, i doubt she gonna win the US Open this year, may be in 2010 if she continues to prove she stands a chance against the best...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.