The battle rages on to find out the best team to never win a title. 09 Cavs vs 62 Lakers would win?

I love the answers i have gotten so far by the legit users on this site. Started a tournament and will have a matchup everyday? This tournament consist of 16 of the best teams to not win NBA championships. 80's Lakers and Celtics teams that lost do not count. I am only counting teams that never went on to... show more I love the answers i have gotten so far by the legit users on this site.
Started a tournament and will have a matchup everyday?
This tournament consist of 16 of the best teams to not win NBA championships. 80's Lakers and Celtics teams that lost do not count.

I am only counting teams that never went on to win. I am seeded them by record and home court goes to best record. I have selected these teams based on my own screening process

Today's matcup is the 09 CAVS vs the 62 Lakers. User Rosco O. asked me to clarify the rules that these two teams would play under since they are from totally seperate era's. I will say that the games in Cleveland have today's rules and the games in LA have the old rules. Cavs have homecourt.
Here is the Lineups
Cavs
C - Z.Ilgauskas
F - A. Varejao
F - L. James (MVP)
G - D.West
G - M.Williams

Lakers
C Rudy Larusso
F Jim Krebs
F Elgin Baylor (38ppg that year)
G Frank Selvy
G Jerry West (30ppg that year)

Please only answer who would win this matchup. Other matchups will follow. Please be as thorough as possible as to why you stand behind whatever team you choose. Tommorow I will continue to matchups. Person with the most logical and thorough answer gets best answer. We will decide together who the greatest team to never win a title is.
Remember majority rules here. It doesn't matter what I think however my vote does count.

BQ - what not played yet matchup would you like to see next

Here is the seeding and current results.

1) 07 Dallas Mavs 67-15 DEFEATED 16) 88 Mavs 53-29 (already done)

2) 09 Cleveland Cavs 66-16 vs 15) 62 Lakers 54-26 (IN PROGRESS)

3) 97 Utah Jazz 64-18 DEAFEATED 14) 87 Atlanta Hawks 57-25 (Already done)

4) 96 Seattle Sonics 64-18 VS 13) 86 Milwaukee bucks 57-25 (not played yet)

5) 93 Phoenix Suns 62-20 DEF 12) 92 Blazers 57-25(already done)

6) 2005 Phoenix Suns 62-20 vs 11) 98 Pacers 58-24 (Not played yet)

10) 96 Orlando Magic 60-22 7) DEFEATED 02 Sacramento Kings 61-21 vs(already completed)

8) Miami Heat 61-21 vs 9) 93 New York Knicks 60-22 (not played yet)
Update: EDIT - ALEX MAKES A POINT THAT YOU DO HAVE TO FACTOR IN EVOLUTION, BUT WOULDN'T YOU SAY THAT THE FUNDAMENTALS BACK THEN WOULD AT LEAST BALANCE OUT ANY EVOLUTION OF THE GAME. I WOULD SAY SO.
Update 2: EDIT - I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS ON THE WEEKEND, FOR I HAVE A LIFE AND AM ONLY ON HERE TO KILL TIME AT WORK DURING THE WEEK.
Update 3: You can't just say that because the game has evolved it is better. Who is to say that the game has evolved at all, it is quite possible it has devolved. I want a solid arguement from the people who say the Cavs. No one is saying your wrong, but I need legit reasons like Mr. Twins gave.
Update 4: EDIT PLEASE STOP WITH THE
PLAYER A > PLAYER B POINT OF VIEW. WE DISCUSSED THIS YESTERDAY AND IT HOLDS NO REAL LOGIC. SEE MY TOURNAMENT QUESTION FROM YESTERDAY.