Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are all mushroom trips this INSANE?!?

OK so this is the 1st time I'm putting my terrifying trip into words....I'll try my best to describe what happened but it really was beyond my level (or any human beings) ability to comprehend.

Two of my friends and I took 1/8 of magic mushrooms each and went out to the park to trip. We got there, walked up a hill and sat on a stone bench at the top to look over a flora rich park. At this point things started getting weird, like everything was in a sepia tint but still retained its original color. The green grass covering the park warped into a sea of green bubbles and went back to grass throughout our stay at the park. I looked around and tree's were growing rapidly but in a messed up way....they were all pine trees so they grew taller and with more leaves but all kinds of other plants started growing out of the tree as well. We ate some granola bars and decided to go to my apartment

This is were it got INSANE. I feel like it forever changed my perceptions of life and Im very scared I caused permanent psychological damage because I now view the world differently, like I exposed my mind to things its just not ready for. OR I could have just 'grown up' 5 years in that one trip through my revalations (do you understand what i mean? I matured intellectually by many years in 4 hours)

My friends and I go to my apt and watched Planet earth and half way through an episode my brain just went haywire. My room seemed like it was a little bigger but with all of my posters gone and with these weird 3-D blocks of differnt sizes floating at the top. My arm felt very very strange, as it was melting. My body felt numb so I tugged at my shirt to see if I was wearing it (I could not feel it on me) and I felt my shirt go through my body like it was a ghost and I was holding it in front of me. I was so weirded out that I turned to my friend and asked " DID YOU SEE ME PULL MY SHIRT OFF?!?!?!?" With a bewilderred expression on his face, he told me that I was still wearing my shirt. I looked down and it was true and realized I had just dreamed/imagined the whole shirt-going-through-my-body- thing even though I conciously remember everything leading up to that event.

Feeling like some fresh air would do some good, I looked out the window out into the streets but my then my visual perception shifted and it was very scary and alien. I could see my room, the window, some bushes and the two buildings across from my apt but the space in between all of these things was ....nothing. everything in between my window and the bushes/buildings were erased from my reality and it was filled with a dark void like space. It was space. What I saw was just the window, bushes and two buildings....the background was the endless void of space.

Meanwhile everything in the room was morphing. My friends faces were like spinning circles with eyes and mouths. The Mac Dre poster came alive and a mini-Mac Dre walked out of the poster like the freaking girl from the ring. He started walking towards me, stopped, said "peace" and jumped out of my window into the space void I described earlier.

I sat there after Mac Dre jumped out the window, just thinking about existance, religion, life, the future, the past. The mushrooms allowed me to see everything "uncensored" or without unconcious human bias that our minds attatch to ideas. Suddenly I felt like I had reached enlightenment, I felt endless joy and understanding of existance as If i were Buddah or God. It felt as if I had spent 1000 years there sitting and thinking and finally understood EVERYTHING and had reached an Englightened state of ultimate happiness and understanding. My old self had died and been reborn with this new found knowledge.

I also saw how messed up our world is in a completely new and unbiased way only shrooms can give you ; how badly human beings treat each other, famine, exploitment, people clinging on to false hope everywhere.

I thought about human kind for a moment and then my mind went back into time. I saw everything in human history in ultra fast rewind. my shroom trip so far, the day before, my 19th, 18th,17th, 16th.....1st years of life and WAY past that. i saw world history in reverse, everything regressing and de-volving, the rise and fall of countless civilazations going all the way back to ancient Sumeria....Then My mind went going back even further, back into human pre-history where we were simple nomadic hunters without civilaztion or societies. Humans just lived simpley to exist, nothing more. My mind went even further back ; our first human ancestors started ventuing out of Africa into india, asia, europe and the americas over the course of a few hundred thousand years. REWIND EVEN MORE- now I was watching primitive ape-like people in the jungles of Africa, hiding from predators, foraging for food etc. REWIND MORE- I saw weird fish things crawl out from the ocean into a strange, creatureless world and evolve into mammals and other creatures. I SA

Favorite Answer

I have never tried and i am not planning to..but that is crazy man :)

Yep you got a dose of spirtuality.You say you reached enlightenment through this trip,i dont think it was enlightenment but just an insight.Enligtenment is a permanent state of joy.Its good that you got an insight into these things.I have also tasted enlightenment through meditation and philosophy and through self realisation and understanding of nature.Without mushrooms.But those were only insights i had and so did you.

What has happened is that your level of conciousness has been raised you now see the world differently and so do i.

The mayans predict a great change is about to happen on earth and its allready happening,there will be a huge conciousness shift.You have experienced this and i have experienced the shift in conciousness,its part of our evolution.The whole world will change,there will be more an more people reporting a shift in conciousness its the next big leap in our evolution.

This is what your trip was probably trying to tell you.

If your interested watch this video about the mayan predictions about 2012

Your trip will probably make sence after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdYKsBEUK0

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

That sounded quite amazing actually. I recently asked a question about shrooms and this was a great answer. That trip just blows mine out the window like your Dre friend..lol.

I tried it for the first time a week ago today and I've never in my entire life felt such overwhelming joy. I was so happy about life, the earth, existence, my loved ones that I was near tears. My mind felt intertwined with the earth and all nature. I didn't have the visual trip as you did (hallucinating), but I did tell myself that if I died while on it I would be happy. It was one amazing experience and I hope I get to do it again some time.

Source(s): atheist.

That sounds pretty intense, the way shrooms are supposed to be. Don't worry about your psyche, you'll be fine. You should try to get your hands on some DMT - people report contact with strange beings on that stuff. Recommended dosage is four tenths of a milligram per kilogram of body weight. For example, if you weigh 100 kg (220lbs.), the dose would be forty milligrams. It is injected, but can also be swallowed.

I did not read this because it is too long, but shrooms are fun. They have DHT, which is the same stuff that is released when you dream (obviously a very small amount). You can have a bad trip, but overall I think they are great when done once in a while!

• Wow man...that's probably the deepest thing that I've ever heard come out of a shroom trip. That's cool but if you're seriously worried I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist.

It sounds like you had a spiritual awakening while high.

Lots of MAyan Priests & Egyptian priests, & even Indian Chiefs used to get high to get closer to the spiritual world.

When you are high, or asleep even..your mind is free & open & not blocking things that you normally wwouldn't be able to perceive

Its easier to see things while you are in a sense (unconscious)

I think the moral of the story is, never keep a Mac Dre poster in your bedroom.

Next Time you decide to do a hallucinogenic drug (not really a good idea) you may want to turn off the discovery channel.

hahaha yepp....now you know what people are talkin about when they say "insane shroom trip"

you'll remember that for the rest of your life...and it does change the way you think. in my experience, writing and drawing/painting about it helped but everyone is different.