Ideas for a christening gift?

I need ideas what to give as a christening gift for a 1 year old little girl. We want to make it a special gift as we are the godparents, but are clueless as to what to give.

Any good ideas would be much appreciated!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For my godchild, I opened a CD in a bank with $100. For birthdays, and christmas, I add money to it. When the CD matures I roll it over to another one. I will continue to do this until he is 18, and than I will give him all the money he incrued. I always give him a little something to open, and I give a receipt with the latest balance in a card to his parents.

• kymm r
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

a nice photo frame for the christening photo is always good but as the godparents you can offer to buy the christening outfit, you don't have to spend a fortune on one. i gave a hand knitted one to someone with booties that my mother knitted for me to give to them. It was warm so it had short sleeves and a very open weave patten. Can buy some nice all in ones at some stores at very good price. hope this helps.

• 3 years ago

Even despite the fact that it is not conventional for mum and dad to shop for their baby a reward I desired to deliver my daughter anything. My mum gave her a bible, her god mum and dad gave her a christening bracelet and her aunties gave her a St Christopher's. I purchased her a sterling silver bookmark, with a ballet footwear pendant. Thought might be somewhat extraordinary and I particularly desire that she'll be partial to studying while she will get older. I purchased it on-line, however I do not take into account wherein from, I understand that I simply googled sterling bookmarks despite the fact that.

• 1 decade ago

I know they get one, but I would have a child's bible with their name on it. A Donation in the child's name to a charity. A tree planted in the child's name. Her first piece of Gold jewelry, a cross etc.

start a college fund,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.