Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Were you appalled to learn that Kennedy's favorite jokes were those about Mary Jo and Chappaquiddick?

I don't know if you know this or not, but one of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself. And he would ask people, "have you heard any new jokes about Chappaquiddick?" That is just the most amazing thing.

--Ed Klein, former foreign editor of Newsweek and editor-in-chief of The New York Times Magazine

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Senator Teddie Kennedy was indicted August 26th. 2009

for the murder of Mary Jo Kopechne in 1969. Mr. Kennedy was served with an arrest warrant for the grisly murder at his bedside early that morning. Senator Kennedy was so shocked by the news, he dropped dead!

Sheriff Joe Kopechne was given credit for the arrest. The sheriff has worked tirelessly over the last ten years gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses of the horrific murder. He is also the nephew of Mary Jo Kopechne. The sheriff had evidence his aunt was pregnant the night Teddie Kennedy slowly tortured her to death in his car.

Most of the Kennedy Clan was too drunk at this time to offer a statement. Caroline Kennedy did attempt to say something before she also collapsed:

"It's, I don't know, just so..., you know. And like it's so sad, because, you know, he died with handcuffs on." she stuttered.

No funeral is planned. The body will simply be tossed into the Chappaquiddick Canal.o_O

• Ed Klein is one of the sorriest excuses for a journalist I have ever heard of. He makes Hannity and those other loons look non-partisan and responsible. One of his books made a false claim on Hillary Clinton, which was a contradiction of what the FAA (a part of the US government) had on it's record. I'll quote him as saying "One source, Ann Coulter, she has 398,987,304 footnotes and that trumps the FAA." Relying on Ann Coulter for that big scoop, eh Klein? Top notch reporting, top notch. This guy is a bitter Republican partisan, all the while blaming the "liberal media". Thank god Walter Cronkite isn't alive anymore to see people like Ed Klein come up with such false claims.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Oh, the "opposite guilt attitude" now: how do you recognize Mary Jo Koepehne's family are no longer the fairly some POSTERS? And what do you care some ineffective woman in any case once you by no skill did formerly on your worship of the guy to blame for her dying? prevalent idolization of wealthy elite American royalty. "Tu Quoque" is the theory that in case you replaced "Kennedy" to "Bush" your posts could in basic terms replicate solemn, Christian admire for the ineffective. Please! Is it complicated to experience any such extreme horse?

• 1 decade ago

Klein wrote an idiotic book called "The Curse of the Kennedys" full of inaccuracies about the deaths in the family but Klein said nothing unflattering about Ted: The Kennedys themselves get off lightly; even Teddy and Joe are carefully whitewashed. Most of them aren't even dealt with; the book is surprisingly skinny, and most of the supposed tragedies Klein mentions are natural causes. Klein has zero credibility.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Oh, the "opposite guilt perspective" now: how do you already know Mary Jo Koepehne's kinfolk are no longer countless the POSTERS? And what do you care some lifeless lady in any case once you on no account did earlier on your worship of the guy to blame for her loss of existence? wide-unfold idolization of wealthy elite American royalty. "Tu Quoque" is the perception that in case you replaced "Kennedy" to "Bush" your posts could in basic terms replicate solemn, Christian appreciate for the lifeless. Please! Is it perplexing to experience considered one of those intense horse?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't amaze me about that scum bag. How about all the lies while in the Senate? How about how he treated Robert Bork? How about his "waitress sandwiches"? He was Kennedy through and through. Garbage. He was not a veteran yet he takes the place needed for a verteran burial in Arlington. Scum.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is nothing I could learn about any of the Kennedys that would "appall" me. Hell, 4 of them have directly killed people, and at least a handful of others have indirectly killed people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is in poor taste to ridicule a murderer if he lived a long prosperous life.

Too bad his victim did not get such a chance; but it is still in poor taste.

That is what the liberals keep saying anyway.

• 1 decade ago

That would be sick, if it were true, which I doubt, Bush, on the other hand, I have proof of him joking about the Weapons of Mass Destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKX6luiMINQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No because that's a bunch of nonsense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.