Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How many people understand socialism and understand it's destruction of America?

Favorite Answer

It hasn't destroyed us yet. I invested in GM in the 50's but taxpayers cleaned up the toxic waste from production facilities. Then I got a job at Pratt and Whitney where I made alot of money from the government designing methods to deploy napalm in Vietnam. Then I invested in a high profit company and when they got caught pouring iridium down a well, we got fined peanuts and as this nuclear waste found it's way into the water supply we all laughed and clipped fat cigars at the country club.

But then I realized I didn't have quite enough money so I got together with an old friend and we took great delight in bulldozing forests to make suburbs . When the sissy state I lived in started cleaning up the rivers and made my friends update their smokestacks I moved to Florida where I got involved heavily in sugar production making gargantuan profits in the 80's as Americas seriously began to overeat and sugar was a tremendous growth industry. Taxpayers are now paying for a 2 Billion dollar cleanup of the Everglades.

Now me and my fourth wife go out to Chez Gougeeng every night in our rolls royce and there's a rags to riches story for you. Forget Sotomayor, my newest wife grew up in Appalachia with coal dust in her fingernails and asbestos in her hair and joined the army and got lucky becasue for 18 years all she did was sell boots and shoes at the commisary and now she has a lifetime pension and free medical care. She doesn't need it really but it's nice to know it's their in case Obama takes from us rich people who have worked hard all our lives.

How many? Many people think they understand socialism, but, like many who think they undersatnd, quantum physics, really do not. Care to understand socialism? Read on.

When the fattest capitalists who, suck in the most capital and then say "to hell with everybody else who can't make it, because they wanna' be poor," leave the nation's wage-earners feeling like victims who've been drained by a vampiric glutton, then socialism becomes the choice of the majority of the people.

This (socialism) occurs when people experience, for some time, the feeling that the harder they work the less they achieve due to the non-stop skyrocketing cost of living which is the source of the capitalist's non-stop skyrocketing increase of profits/wealth. In other words, beyond a certain level of the rich getting richer from the poor getting poorer as the result, socialism becomes, in the view of workers, the only means for survival. Most do not choose, and in fact reject, socialism at first. When, however, the cost of living mounts and basic survival becomes impossible, then they adopt socialism with open arms, and the rich, after being placed in front of the wall, finally get to hear the words they fear most -- "comrades, take aim!"

In essence, when socialism does occur, it is always the fault of the rich sucking in more to become richer. The sucking rich cannot be satisfied with the level of wealth they had achieved in decades past. It's always more, more, more, and ever more with those soul-less creatures.

Once upon a time, not too long ago, a million bucks was considered wealthy. Now, real wealth starts in the billions, and a million is considered middle class and something to laugh at by those so-called people. Those empty soul-less entities, precisely like hard-core drug addicts, never get enough and finally bring an economy, and thus a nation and the people who made/maintain that nation, down into the econonic gutter.

Of course they will lie and deny the truth of this message, because they do not want this fine little arrangement of you paying for their exorbitant lifestyles while you struggle to survive, to end. Then we have the Al Bundy variety rich wanna' bes -- those who work for next to nothing and who lick their rich masters, because they believe they will one day be rich. So we're supposed to preserve this puke-rotting "system of things" to wait for those losers.

• Pablo

I do not think the real picture has ever been defined well. If you are in a union...that is socialism. If you enjoy the forest and wilderness the government is protecting that resource...that is socialism. Our Democracy is a mix of a socialist capitalist ideals. The big winner in the last thirty years is capitalism. If you examine the results of that you will find our lives are out of balance and our trust in the wealthy to provide opportunities has fallen short of American Ideals. You will find greed has brought the nation very close to bankruptcy. Socialism in part may be our savior. You can not trust Corporate America and a good check could be some socialism.

Democratic Socialism would change this country a freer state than it has been in for decades. A HIGH percentage of you folks don't even know what it is due to extensive programming by the corporate entities that what to keep us in "slavery".

PLEASE read my source, open your mind, and learn the TRUTH!

How many people understand capitallism and understand it's destruction of America?

• Jin K

Grrr! Damn you public education system! Combating illiteracy has never been more destructive.

Any one who loves their country regardless of how much money they have. The envious do not care. They just want a slice of the rich man's pie. They don't care how bad they destroy the country to get a little temporary slice.

The bottom 40% of the people that pay no taxes in this country could care less if its socialism, fascism or communism. As long as it has that "ISM" at the end they know they are getting their free stuff and could care less.

Obviously you and your friends the video makers don't have a clue.