CLICKY HERE asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Is mongoose a good bike brand?

Plz and thanks. and if not what are some better ones? Also this is my first bike.

oh ya btw im using it for a freestyle bmx bike

and mongoose is a brand that u could buy at target or something. Is that still good?

i mean my first bmx bike, not my first bike whatso ever

R they good for first time bmxers? also r they light?

Favorite Answer

Since its your first bike and im guessing you are 12 or 13 at most then it will be fine for a short time. Dept store bikes such as Target, wal Mart and K Mart are not good quality but are priced in a range that someone like you can afford and when you are ready you can go get a shop quality bike if you are still interested in BMX at that time. It will get you by for now.

Source(s): Performance bike sales in VA

Honestly I have always thought of mongoose as one of the best bike brands out there. They are very durable and they last a long time. There is honestly only one thing that I havnt been found of about mongoose, that is that these bikes are not just an $80 bike you can find any where there price range is from about 130 - 700 dollars. Even though their bikes are not cheap they are better than most. If you have the cash get a mongoose.

Source(s): www.mongoose.com (it was only for the price range)

Ive been through many mongooses they brake if you try and jump them off of things and what not. I would recommend going to a local bike shop and getting some estimates of some decent bikes. Ones that are worth maby spending 300-400 dollars on and not having it break! hope it helps!

Yes, I have had many mongoose bikes before and they work very well, and last a long time. Like all bikes, they are susceptible to rust. Surprisingly, they don't do to bad off road, I use mine in grass and stones all the time and it works pretty well. Hope I could help!

• nobody

nah dude...mongoose was all right like a decade ago, before walmart bought 'em out. that's probably why some of these guys are saying they're nice and last...even back in the day i had a full chro-mo mongoose and the toptube cracked in half. and i was like ten. bottom line, no, bad investment. if you're broke and don't have at least $300 check out dk or kink. good luck buddy

this is a good bike for a first bike its not really expensive and its really durable. if u want a really good bike u should buy parts and build it yourself but that pretty expensive

it doesnt matter what matter brand you get. if you get it from walmart or target its gonna be crap because they put them together them selves and dont do very good jobs so if you get one from there i would take it to a bike repair shop and have it tuned up or buy one from a bike store you could also fix it yourself if you know how

If it's your first bike you probably shouldn't be getting a BMX.

Yes its a good bike weather you buy it at Wal-Mart or a bicycle store they cost the same only difference is they have more to choose from at a bicycle store !

everyone at college has that brand. i believe it's from walmart and they buy them because they are cheap, reliable bikes. kind of like huffys.