I have a computer that has windows xp, the computer turns on, but it has the log in screen.?

the problem is i dont know the password. Is there i was i can get into the system, or reset the password?

Update:

the computer was given to me

Update 2:

now i have a new problem. How can i connect to the internet with out having to be connected to a modem, it ia a compaq computer how can i be wireless?

Update 3:

it is a compaq presario 900

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Call Microsoft and ask them if you'll be able to reset the password.

Otherwise, create a new login account.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

shut down pc when restarts repeatedly tap F8 to go into safe mode take safe mode /(or with networking) take administrator account... control panel... User account...remove password. Log off user ..should be able to get in. you can reset the password after u reboot pc. If both accounts have passwords then you have a problem.

go to a local pc & tell them u would like a wireless card put in the pc if u don't have a wirless router no use in getting the card..

Source(s): 14 yrs system builder & repair
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

style administrator particularly? Admin isn't the admin guy or woman call on XP. If that doesn't paintings seek for an admin pw blanker on teh googles yet watchout for viruses. additionally in case you have the license decal on the pc you will get a duplicate of XP off a torrent, yet each now and then those licenses in basic terms paintings with specific XP setting up disks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

have you tried just pressing enter if you don't have a password have you ever had a password and also is the computer new, if it is click on it and start or when its prompts for the password press enter if it Still is not working call the manufacturer and have someone either like repair it or something if it is new they might need proof of purchase

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i have windows xp too. it is designed to have a log in screen but not a password unless u put one on. if you did, you should call dell customer service and ask them if there is a way to reset it. also, maybe you put a hint on the side. you should check if u did to see if you can remember

Source(s): ive had that problem
  • 1 decade ago

How do you not know the password? Guess it's not your pc huh? Trying to sneak on your boyfriends are ya?? Naughty. ...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the answer is no you can't.

you can however re-install windows and start from scratch.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

erm, idk. sorry. try using safe mode. i forget what button to press when its starting up to go into safe mode. google it. good luck. also if that dont work, bring it to a computer nerd. ;)

can u answer mine about putting DVDs on my ipod?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200908...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

:/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.